Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB Correction Control window vanishing

Hi all

With Max 2.x some users are constantly loosing their vfb correction control window. You can click the little icon in the vfb as much as you want, it's just gone. Only way to get it back is to restart max.

Isn't there a way I can use vfbcontrol with maxscript to reset the window somehow?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

I used to have the odd problem with it getting stuck behind the 3dsmax window, sometimes the following worked for me so I didnt have to waste time saving and restarting max:

1. after clicking the VFB correction button if it doesnt show, without clicking anywhere else hold down the "alt" key and tap space
    2. hit the down arrow once and then hit enter key, then press any arrow key once
    3. if it worked the window should be locked to the mouse pointer, move the mouse to a different monitor if you have one and it should show up.

I also use this trick for windows that are lost outside the confines of the monitors or stuck behind other windows to get them back without resetting everything.

~dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
      I used to have the odd problem with it getting stuck behind the 3dsmax window, sometimes the following worked for me so I didnt have to waste time saving and restarting max:

1. after clicking the VFB correction button if it doesnt show, without clicking anywhere else hold down the "alt" key and tap space
      2. hit the down arrow once and then hit enter key, then press any arrow key once
      3. if it worked the window should be locked to the mouse pointer, move the mouse to a different monitor if you have one and it should show up.

I also use this trick for windows that are lost outside the confines of the monitors or stuck behind other windows to get them back without resetting everything.

~dave
      Are you sure that this trick works with V-Ray Correction Control windows since according to my tests it doesn't work.

Originally posted by Morne View Post
      Hi all

With Max 2.x some users are constantly loosing their vfb correction control window. You can click the little icon in the vfb as much as you want, it's just gone. Only way to get it back is to restart max.

Isn't there a way I can use vfbcontrol with maxscript to reset the window somehow?
      Would you please give us more information about the issue.
      When the window vanishes? What do you do just before that to happen?
      How many monitors do you have attached to the machine?

In V-Ray for Maya we have an option to reset VFB position but I have to check if we have a similar option in Max as well.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

happens to me when I merge something from Evermotion. Extremely frustrating!
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
          When the window vanishes? What do you do just before that to happen?
          How many monitors do you have attached to the machine?
          I can't pinpoint a single event the users do that cause it to vanish. It's just usually gone whenever they need it most. They don't keep an eye on it the whole time, it's just at some point they notice "hey, where did my correction window go?!?"

So if I can access it with maxscript I can just make a button for them to bring it back.
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Unfortunately it is not possible to reset its position via maxscript.
            It would be very difficult for us to provide a solution without reproducing the issue here.
            Have you tested if the issue occurs with latest 2.x nightly build?

Comment

They are on one of the nightlies from Jan. But besides that, 2 users have always had this issue with different computers and VRay versions. I've had it maybe 2 times in all the years I use VRay, so I don't know what they do to have it vanish.
              We use 2 X monitors 1920 X 1080.

Minimize, maximize, alt tab, nothing works, just restarting max brings it back.
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

I have one monitor and it happens, but like I said, when I merge Evermotion stuff. For me, I can hit MAX's maximize button, which brings it back (while rendering).
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                  I have one monitor and it happens, but like I said, when I merge Evermotion stuff. For me, I can hit MAX's maximize button, which brings it back (while rendering).
                  Would it be possible to send us one of those Evermotion stuff so we could try to reproduce the issue into our environment?

Comment

I'll make sure I send you it when it happens again.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I've been having this same issue recently with both the color correction window and the lens effects. I'm not sure if it's of any relevance but when I switch to another program and hit ALT TAB then mouse over max in the chooser, giving me the full screen preview (win 8.1), there is my correction window and my lens effects with the VFB showing an older render. When I then switch back to max it disappears and I get the most recent render again. It's like a ghost. Maybe just a graphic glitch but thought I'd mention it anyway.
                      www.bmcaff.com

Comment

Originally posted by bmcaff View Post
                        I've been having this same issue recently with both the color correction window and the lens effects. I'm not sure if it's of any relevance but when I switch to another program and hit ALT TAB then mouse over max in the chooser, giving me the full screen preview (win 8.1), there is my correction window and my lens effects with the VFB showing an older render. When I then switch back to max it disappears and I get the most recent render again. It's like a ghost. Maybe just a graphic glitch but thought I'd mention it anyway.
                        Are you on V-Ray version 2.x as well ?
                        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Nope, I'm running on the latest build of v3 and honestly I don't recall this happening before this week but I could be wrong about that.
                          www.bmcaff.com

Comment

Originally posted by bmcaff View Post
                            Nope, I'm running on the latest build of v3 and honestly I don't recall this happening before this week but I could be wrong about that.
                            Thank you for the update.
                            Can give us some steps or instructions how to replicate it here?
                            I did a few tests on Win8 / Max 2015 / V-Ray 3 and seems to work fine, but most probably there are situations where it doesn't.
                            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I can't say definitively how to reproduce it as it seems to hit randomly. I can't get to happen right now either, typical! I do seem to remember it being related with large render sizes. I'll keep an eye on it and if it reoccurs I'll post. It's more than likely something on my end here though as I had problems with window switching while running Synergy and this could be related. Thanks!
                              www.bmcaff.com

Comment

Working...
                              X