Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Spawner refusing connection

Hi,

We have a render farm with 8 machines. All was working fine and then I noticed one of the machines is not being picked up on DR. I've had a look online and on the machine and can't seem to fix it. It used to work fine a couple of months ago, but when I came back from a holiday it had stopped working and can't understand why.

Basically when I enable the firewall the it comes up with the error message "Connection Timeout" and when I disable the firewall the error message changes to "Actively Refused Connection". I've tried running the Spawner both as a service and also tried directly running the Spawner, both attempts as administrator. I've un-installed and re-installed the software. It was also happening on version 3.00.07 as well as the current version we're running, 3.10.03. We are using 3ds max 2014 with SP5.

I can ping the machine fine and this machine is setup the same as the others which are running fine. I've tried replacing the name with the IP address but to no avail.

I can't think of anything else to try so any suggestions would be greatly received!

Thanks,
    Chris

Please run the following test:

0.Make sure that all the machines have the same V-Ray Build installed.
    1.Disable Firewall on both Workstation and Slave machine.
    2.Log in as Administrator on the slave machine, stop V-Ray Spawner Service if such is registered and started and run V-Ray Spawner manually.
    3.Ensure that 3DSMax instance is started, vray-dummy is loaded and it stays stable.
    4.Open 3DSMax on the workstation machine, create a new very simple scene and run DR between the workstation and the problematic slave machine. Do not add the slaves which work fine.

Let us know the results from the above test.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi Svetlozar,

Thanks for replying. I was running through that list and noticed that when I ran the spawner no 3ds max icon was appearing in the task bar even though it was running in the processes tab of task manager. After checking it seems to have been a problem with 3ds max, after a full re-install it's now working.

Thanks again,
      Chris

Comment

Glad to hear you sorted it out.
        Feel free to contact us if it happens again.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X