VrayFur Distribution Per Area seems inaccurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayFur Distribution Per Area seems inaccurate

Edit 1 : Another question/ Is it possible to map, for example, lines along the strand (like a rope) ?

I made a quick Fur test, with a measured plane of 5cm x 5cm

planes are both 25 cm² (scene unit is CM) and then should have 25 strands each. But the higher poly right plane yields more strands.

Smallest triangles are 0,5 cm² on the right, and 12,5 cm² on the left

Settings are quite basic

Per face distribution seems to work correctly.

What's the state of the art method to have an uniorm ditribution on your object ?
    Last edited by Pixelab; 26-02-2015, 10:23 AM.
    Philippe Steels
    Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

i believe your result is because there are a minimum number of hairs possible on each face (one?)

therefore once you get to higher per area settings, you will find it behaves as expected.

Comment

Might be that, will look into it ! thanks for the answer.

On another hand, is it possible to map the strands in the length ? I've managed to make a gradient but is it possible to map, for example, lines along the strand (like a rope) ?
      Philippe Steels
      Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelab View Post
        On another hand, is it possible to map the strands in the length ? I've managed to make a gradient but is it possible to map, for example, lines along the strand (like a rope) ?
        You mean with a texture? Only the length can be mapped, you can't put a texture across the width of a strand.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, I wanted to map the width of the strands but I understand this is not possible since only the W coordinate is available.
          Philippe Steels
          Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Is this a future possibility? Being able to map the strands might be quite nice for detailed rugs etc.. I'm sorry I seem to be requesting a new feature every hour at the moment

Comment

It has come up before, but it seems to be tricky to do that properly and I'm not sure we'll get to that soon.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
              X