Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render nodes don't load XRefs

Hello,

I am trying to render a 3dsmax 2015 x64 scene with last VRay 3.10.03 in Distributed rendering mode. Usually this mode renders without any problem but this time, VRay tells me that "none of the selected nodes is responding", and only the main machine is rendering.
    So my problem is that I can't have my nodes rendering when XRef scenes are enabled, and when XRef scenes are disabled, then they render fine.
    There are 2 XRef scenes in the main scene: one of them is quite heavy (about 400 Mb).

Do you have any idea about my problem ?

Thank you,
    BOKEH Studio

first question would be are they from proper network location? so all the render nodes can see them?
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Yes, check the Asset Tracking dialog to see what the paths are. Move them to a network location accessible from all node, and update the paths in the asset tracker. Check any other assets referenced by the xrefs too, like textures, etc. This should all show up in the asset tracker.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppor...F494F-htm.html

Look at the bit about Set Path (when you right click assets)
      Last edited by Joelaff; 27-02-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Does it work if you turn on the option to automatically transfer assets for DR?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi,
          Thank you for all the answers.
          I carefully checked that all the assets are correctly accessible by the render nodes via the network.
          The fact is that the scene renders fine in DR mode as long as XRefs are not enable. As soon as I enable only one XRef scene, render nodes stop rendering and I have this warning for each one of them: "Render host xx is not responding".
          Ticking On the option "Transfer missing assets" doesn't help.
          BOKEH Studio

Comment

Then it would be best to package the scene and the X-Ref files and send them over to support@chaosgroup.com so that we can check what's going on.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

I was about to send you the scene, but I realize I can't open the scene myself without having max crashing. So it seems I have a general problem with the way 3dsmax handles XRefs here. I think I should do a fresh new install of 3dsmax to see if it fixes the problem, and if not I will come back to you.
              Thank you.
              BOKEH Studio

Comment

Are there any improvements after the re-installation?
                Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I still didn't find time to do it. I will do it asap, maybe next week.
                  For sure I will update this thread as soon as there is something new.
                  Thank you for your support.
                  BOKEH Studio

Comment

Hi,
                    I found some time to test my 3dsmax installation and it appears that there are no problem from this side. I can do DR with XRef scenes, and all my render nodes are rendering fine.
                    So I opened the problematic scene, and I cleared all the XRef scenes links: DR worked fine.
                    Then I added a first XRef scene, called "Bati Existant___LAST.max": DR worked fine again.

But when I added the second XRef scene ("Mobilier Interieur_1___LAST.max"), I faced the problem again. I had the VRay message "none of the selected nodes is responding" ...

So I sent you the main 3dsmax scene + XRef scenes + all needed maps on the email adress you provided earlier to see if you can help me.

Thank you,
                    BOKEH Studio

Comment

Open the problematic scene and check that it doesn't have DBR enabled within it itself. Maybe there's a dead/incorrect node listed in its DBR settings which is being pulled through into the master file when being xreffed in, causing problems?
                      Alex York
                      Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
                      www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for the help,

As you suggest I disabled DR but the problem remains.

So:
                        _ I can open and DR the scene when it has no XRef in it
                        _ I can open and DR it if I load the first XRef scene
                        _ but as soon as I add the second XRef scene, I have the message "none of the render nodes are responding"
                        _ and if I save the scene and close it and I try to open it, it is impossible because 3dsmax crashes

So I thought that there must be a problem with the second XRef scene. But I checked: I can open the XRef scene file, and I can even DR it when I use it in an empty scene. But not when I use with the scene I'm currently working on (I hope you understand what I say, sorry for my english).
                        BOKEH Studio

Comment

Would be best if you can get us that scene at some point so that we can check what's going on.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

I already sent it to support@chaosgroup.com

Thank you
                            BOKEH Studio

Comment

Originally posted by AltoR View Post
                              I already sent it to support@chaosgroup.com

Thank you
                              Thank you very much. We are running a test with your scene right now and will inform you about the results later.
                              Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                              X