Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render hosts begin with rendering very late

hi,

with maxdesign2015 64 bit vray 3.10.03. the distributed renderhosts seem to get the file very early, the file gets loaded fast, but they don´t begin to render. i have to wait about 6 minutes till they start.

any chance to change this?

big thanks for help

thomes
    Last edited by thomes; 04-03-2015, 01:55 AM.

The time between the submitting the job to the renderhosts and their buckets appearance depends from the scene complexity, external assets and caches, GI setup, network speed, HDD speed, number of renderhosts and etc.

In order to find out what cause the slowdown we have to run a few simple tests.
    Please create a new scene which contains only 1 sphere objects and 1 light, then set the Image Sampler to Fixed and change subdivisions to 100 in order to slowdown the rendering.
    Run DR with the same renderhost and pay attention how long does it take before all machines join the rendering.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

thanks for your help,

to answer your question...about half a second.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. It seams that everything is fine with the setup.
        Please open your original scene now, disable GI if it is enabled, run the same test and let us know the results.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

hi svetlozar,

same thing...they begin to render 7.30 minutes after pressing render.
          very early it shows: "transferred to..." after that directly there is coming up "scene loaded starting render".
          then there is nothing happening for 7 to 8 minutes... 0% cpu usage /network usage at the slaves task-manager for that time. enough RAM !
          no xref scene/object , much vray proxies...

Comment

Do you have any large textures in the scene? Also how complex is the scene, how many polygons do you have there? You mentioned you have a lot of Proxy files, are these instances or copy.
            Could you run a test with override material. Then again run the scene without the proxy files and let us knwo if the issue still persist.
            Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

hi zdravko,

overrride didn´t bring one second...

scene was
              2048 render objects/18082 render instances/number of intersecting prim 10002571/sd triangles 9997154.
              i deleted 2 vrayproxys that were instanced 1156 the other 24 times.
              also no time influence.

then i collapsed all objects modifier stack.(also many instanced objects !!)
              177229 render objects/177229 render instances now...
              started rendering an my machine was hanging at "building embree static accelerator" for about 15 minutes. i killed max...

dyn mem limit was 0 mb/default geometry was "auto"/ 80/0/1,0/ use embree checked also next two/ conserve memory off

maybe too much instanced objects...

Comment

I think it will be best if you could e-mail us the scene and its assets, so we could test it in our environment.
                You can send it here support@chaosgroup.com . Please mention this thread in the e-mail.
                Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X