Installing Standalone Render slave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Standalone Render slave

Having some issues when installing the standalone render slave installation type. After it is installed I do not see "Register V-Ray License Service" "Launch V-Ray License Server" "Register V-Ray Spawner Service" or "Launch V-Ray DR Spawner". Am I missing something, I thought the node should be installed with the standalone render slave box checked? I can change the V-ray client license information and it seems to pick up the dongle on the server. I even installed the workstation vray version and that even rendered fine on the node but I cannot find the 4 missing files to run the spawner. I redownloaded and tried two different versions. Vray_Adv_30007_max2015_x64 and Vray_Adv_30008_max2015_x64. Any help please.

thanks

Hi,

The Standalone render slave installation type will install only V-Ray standalone and V-Ray RT render slave on the machine. The you will be able to use this machine for DR RT renderings and DR standalone renderings. In order to have all of the options : "Register V-Ray License Service"; "Launch V-Ray License Server" ; "Register V-Ray Spawner Service"; "Launch V-Ray DR Spawner"
    You will need to use the "Workstation" install type.

Please you give me some more information. How do you want to use this node? Generally there is no problem to use the Workstation type even on the render slave nodes, you just need to set your V-Ray license settings (no need to start another license server on the render slave) to point the machine where the license server is running.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

For some reason it wasnt wanting to validate the license server with the slave installation. I went ahead and uninstalled, then reinstalled the workstation version and just used the node machine as a DR device and it seems to be working fine.

thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by trajic View Post
        For some reason it wasnt wanting to validate the license server with the slave installation. I went ahead and uninstalled, then reinstalled the workstation version and just used the node machine as a DR device and it seems to be working fine.

thanks for the reply.
        Glad to hear that it is working now. Let me know if you have any problems again.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X