Buckets don't match up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckets don't match up

I'm posting this in hope that someone has had the same problem. Forgive me if this has been discussed already. I'm having issues with my buckets from other machines I'm using for DR to match up. As far as I can tell it isn't because of missing maps. I'm working on an older file and bringing it into 3.0 from 1.5. The current project I'm working on was fine until I started copying large amounts of objects in the scene.(which probably has nothing to do with it) Anyway, when I render I get buckets that are darker or lighter than each other. I'm really at a loss for why this is happening. Any help or suggestions would be great. Sample image attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bucket issues.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	881468
    Phil Van Haitsma
    Digital-X
    www.digitalxmodels.com
    www.philvanhaitsma.com
    http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Ind...oom&x=0&y=0com

Hi,

Is it possible that some of the plugins used in the scene to be unavailable for the render slave machine?
    Actually I see three different buckets in this image. Are you using two DR machines ?
    Does it happen to the entire render frame?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I am using two render slaves, and like you noticed each one comes up different. The best I can tell is that any surface that has a reflection is affected and it happens throughout the entire render frame. I don't have any plugins installed or being used. Whats odd is that sometimes its fine but it always seems to come back. I've heard of different processors or machines rendering slightly different but the DR slaves seem to be completely omitting the reflection of objects.
      Phil Van Haitsma
      Digital-X
      www.digitalxmodels.com
      www.philvanhaitsma.com

Comment

Thanks for the update.
        Would it be possible to create a ticket in our support system about this issue. Just send us an email to support at chaosgroup.com including the full spec of the machines, OS, exact Max/V-Ray versions.
        But can you try first to add Reflection, GI, Diffuse and Lighting render elements and see which one/s have the bucket issue?
        Also, please make sure that all machines has identical V-Ray versions installed. The same applies to the Max Service pack.

Comment

Here is another example of what I'm seeing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	buckets.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	389.7 KB
ID:	855623
          Phil Van Haitsma
          Digital-X
          www.digitalxmodels.com
          www.philvanhaitsma.com

Comment

Originally posted by pvanhaitsma View Post
            Here is another example of what I'm seeing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23394[/ATTACH]
            It doesn't look like a gamma difference for me. Seems like there is a big difference in the lighting.
            It is best to create a ticket for this issue by sending us an email to support at chaosgroup.com Don't forget to include the full spec of the machines, OS, exact Max/V-Ray versions.

Comment

Do you have "Transfer missing assets" turned on under DR settings? Ive had this happen with missing maps and with different versions of plugins and or service packs.
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
              X