Lens Effects Pass contains RGB pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens Effects Pass contains RGB pass

We have been using lens effects frequently on our renders however I am struggling on controlling the lens effects in post.

Firstly lens effects layers (elements) (glare and bloom) do come with other info written in them, one would expect that they would only contain raw lens effects with everything else rendered black, but these elements also contain other info like reflections, gi and diffuse etc...

Secondly I have tried subtracting various layers from lens effects layers but couldn't achieve whatever it's there on the final rendered merged vray RGB layer that comes out on vray frame buffer...

I started wondering if this a problem with vray lens effects render elements or is there something wrong in our post production workflow..

Hello,

Can you post your post production workflow and some screenshots, to illustrate your issue?
    Tsvetan Geshev
    Technical Support Representative

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi!
      Attached image should be self explanatory, what's meant by "screen" is the additive mode...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Glares_comparison-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	624.1 KB
ID:	855652

Thanks

Comment

The correct operation is not screen, it is average.
        We try to composite RGB pass and Glare pass and in order to match the final image with applied glare, we used average operation.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	855664
        Tsvetan Geshev
        Technical Support Representative

Chaos Group

Comment

Its also better to use 32/16bit float images as source for any sort of math.
          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Working...
          X