No announcement yet.

Shade map question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are working on that matter but we haven't found a solution yet.
    Thank you very much for your patience.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Our developers managed to fix this bug and the fix most probably will be added into the next service pack.
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi was this added into the SP? Im finiding the render elements of the Right camera is completely different to that of the Left camera. RGB elements look identical though.

Thanks
        Adam Trowers

Comment

Yes, it should be part of the 3.30.03 builds. Can you post some images of what's happening?
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Sorry been really busy! I'm trying to setup a simple scene to reproduce but it doesn't happen. Strange, shall try again with the production scene.
            Adam Trowers

Comment

I was doing the following in my production scene, hoping it may save even more time but I suppose it doesn't:

1- save shade map but save out the left eye to image sequence.
              2- use shademap and only render the right eye

I don't think it likes this :P When using shademap and rendering both eyes it produces correct render elements.
              Adam Trowers

Comment

How do you calculate the Shade Map for the left eye only?
                You can use the Shade Map to render the left and right eye separately or together but I don't think it is possible to calculate the Shade Map for specific eye.

Comment

I just meant that I set it to save shade map (which just renders one eye as far as I know and saves a map, please let me know if I have it wrong). I had that eye RGB and elements saved (while producing the shade map). I then just set to use shade map and just render the other eye. This produces the same RGB but the render elements are not the same.
                  Adam Trowers

Comment

Shade Map is calculated from the center camera according to my tests, it cannot be calculated from left or right eyes.

Comment

Ah ok, suppose that makes sense Anyway with my testing to try get 15200 frames of stereo 360 degree images rendered faster. I find it is faster to just not use a shade map as the time it takes to render out the shademap and then render the final image is just the same rendertime sometimes slower. Most likely down to network speed and Backburner.

Anyway I hoped it would speed things up but doesn't unless I am doing something wrong
                      Adam Trowers

Comment

Working...
                      X