Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflections of Matte objects not visible in other reflections [Urgent]

Hi there,

I´m having a problem rendering some hotfixes: Objects with "matte" ticked in their vrayproperties don´t seem to show up correctly in non-matte reflective objects in the scene.
    I don´t know if its a bug in my build (3.00 or if its a probkem when the matte objects are in xref scenes or if I´m doing something wrong here...
    From what i can tell it looks like only the reflections of the matte objects show up in the non-matte reflections, the rest of the objects seems to reflect as black.

It´s kind of urgent, so I´d appreciate some help because there is not enough time to rerender the whole scene...

By the way: There really should be a warning in the vraymaterials help section. Check "mapped" in the anisotropy sections or you will get BAD flickering in your reflections in animations...Not knowing this cost me a ton of time to fix it all...

Try to uncheck the option "No GI on other mattes" for the matte objects. Otherwise all matte objects will be represented in reflections/refractions with the ENV color.

By the way: There really should be a warning in the vraymaterials help section. Check "mapped" in the anisotropy sections or you will get BAD flickering in your reflections in animations...Not knowing this cost me a ton of time to fix it all...
    Do you use animated/deformable object for this setup?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X