Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It will crash, if light creation is undone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will crash, if light creation is undone.

becomes an infinite loop or max crash in the following step.

1. VRayLight creation button is clicked.
    2. drags in a view port. (VRayLight icon shows)
    3. Undo (VRayLight icon disappears)
    4. enable of the check of "Targeted"
    5. infinite loop or max crash

tested on 3dsMax 2015+VRay3.10.03 or latest Nightlies

Please check and fix.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
    oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

I've been looking for reproducible steps for this... Thanks for the pointer; will fix it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello,

It seems that the "targeted" option could not be reliably toggled in creation mode.
      The solution is to disable the "targeted" option in creation mode - this is already done for all of the remaining lights and cameras, including the autodesk ones.
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

should not show the option which can crash.

A solution will add a "Target VRayLight" button.
        (or VRayLight is gray out about a "targeted" option at Creation mode)

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
        oakcorp.net
        v-ray.jp

Comment

Yes indeed, it should not crash. The "targeted" option will be disabled in creation mode, so it would be unable to toggle it.

We will also consider addition of a dedicated targeted/free light buttons.
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by Vasil Minkov View Post
            Yes indeed, it should not crash. The "targeted" option will be disabled in creation mode, so it would be unable to toggle it.

We will also consider addition of a dedicated targeted/free light buttons.
            I asked Vlado a while go for seperate creation buttons for Plane Light, Dome light, Sphere light, Mesh Light, Disc Light, he said it'd go on the mystery to-do list.

So you'll need Target lights for Plane, Disc, not sure we necessary should have it for Mesh, Sphere and Dome, but if we do have it for Dome, given the orientation controls we have now shouldn't the orientation be set differently?

See how it currently is and how I think the target should be set....

Click image for larger version

Name:	vraylightTarget.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	855949
            Maxscript made easy....
            davewortley.wordpress.com
            Follow me here:
            facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Well, they are separate buttons on the V-Ray toolbar and I tend to use that one almost exclusively lately Perhaps we can turn them into fly-out buttons to allow the creation of a target light.

For dome light target, I'm not entirely sure this can be done - will need to research it.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

I think it's probably way too late now, but the VRay light should have been split up into different max classes a long time ago (VrayPlaneLight, VrayDomeLight, VRayMeshLight...) The UI is starting to get a bit cluttered with all the options for all the different type of lights in one UI. Maybe that can be changed for VRay 4.

I still would like to see the 5 different types in the create panel. Call me old-school but it's easy to make the wrong one from there.
                Maxscript made easy....
                davewortley.wordpress.com
                Follow me here:
                facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Wortley View Post
                  The UI is starting to get a bit cluttered with all the options for all the different type of lights in one UI.
                  There's an easy way around it. For the next SP, only the parameters relevant to the current light type are shown.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Working...
                  X