Animation (rendering) Problem - VRay won't load the irradiance maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation (rendering) Problem - VRay won't load the irradiance maps

Hey guys, I am having troubles with reusing the irradiance maps... I calculate the lightcache using camera path... I calculate the irradiance using animation (prepass)... but then VRay can't load the irradiance files. I can see them in the folder, but it seems like VRay is having a hard time finding the directory. Instead of using the files location, ( W:\Light\Test\irr map.vrmap ) it uses:

W:\#recycle\Light\Test\irr map0000.vrmap

I need some help with this... any ideas? Has anyone seen this?

Thank yoU!

-JI

Click image for larger version

Name:	VRay msg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	881707

Click image for larger version

Name:	VRay irradiance settings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	881708

Weird. I thought it might mean it was in prepass mode, but clearly it's in rendering mode.

Comment

Thanks for the input, I have some moving objects and want vray to interpolate over a few frames so set it to animation (rendering)... I actually think I am pretty close to figuring it out... doesn't seem to be vray at all. Looks like it might be caused by my synology server...

Comment

Which V-Ray version is this? Can you reproduce the issue on a simple scene? It will be helpful if you could send us the scene to: support@chaosgroup.com
        Also do you render locally on one machine and is W: drive a mapped drive? Moreover, if you change this path to C: in example do you get the same error?
        Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I was actually having this exact same problem on one of my slaves but with the LC map about an hour ago. I just updated to the latest stable build and it fixed the issue...

edit: I had a slightly different vray log message so it might not be the same issue...
          Last edited by Pixelcon; 08-05-2015, 05:18 AM.
          James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
          Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Hey guys, I have solved this for now! Thanks for the help and replies... it turned out that the problem was with my Synology DS1815+... when it creates the recycle bins on the server it names them "#recycle" ... for some reason vray is attracted to this location and therefore the path to load the irr map fails. I turned off the recycle bin option, deleted the folder it had created and now everything is as smooth as butter. Fantastico.

Thanks again! but I think I am good for now. Cheers.

Comment

Glad to hear that James and thanks for updating the topic with your solution.
              Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
              X