32 bit EXR clamped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 bit EXR clamped?

I have a 32 bit image that I rendered too bright. But for some reason, lowering the exposure does not get any detail out of the overbright portions of the image in the vray frame buffer or photoshop. The color float is acting as if it was clamped to 1.0 when it is most definitely NOT enabled.

This leads me to believe there is an upper limit to HDR images, where the float color cannot get brighter. Is this possible?
    Or is this a bug?

EDIT: This seems to be limited to exr's saved out of our renderfarm. Locally rendered images seem fully dynamic. Maybe the explanation is I'm not saving the 32 bit file correctly....
    Last edited by pkolbo_pop; 07-05-2015, 11:54 AM.

In this case there should be something in the farm that is causing the issue.
    Can you reproduce this on a simple scene or send us a stripped version of the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we could test it in our environment (please mention this thread in the e-mail).
    Which V-Ray version is this? Also which render manager do you use and how do you set the output file there?
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Zdravko for your prompt reply. I did some more testing and it is rendering through our farm correctly. I may take some time to investigate further if I run into this problem again.

Comment

Are you sure you are on 32bit float rather than 32bit integer...I'm sure I did this before and it had a similar effect.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
        X