Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR and Backburner in vray3.10.03

Hi

I am experiencing some trouble with vray3 and our render farm setup.
    Farm is as following:
    node1, node2, node3, workstation1, workstation2.

Manager and server is running on node1, and we ship the jobs from ws1 and ws2 to node1 with distributed rendering ticked on node2, node3, ws1 and ws2 for processing. This means, node1 is running distributed render towards the other ones who are connected with spawner, while itself is accessed from backburner submission.

ws1: spawner
    ws2: spawner
    node1: manager/server
    node2: spawner
    node3: spawner

When I render with dr from ws1 or ws2, all nodes kicks in. When I submit to node1, no other nodes kicks in other than the machine the file has been sent to through backburner.
    Same happens if I set up node2 with manager/server instead of node1. Then only node2 is working.

We have vray license servers running on both ws1 and ws2. I can't see any license errors, but the vray messages window don't show up on node1, so I don't really know what's going on.

However, I tried to use the node1 as license manager with one of our dongles plugged in it, and ws1 could get licenses from it. But when I then tried to render DR from my ws1 with license from node1, I got the vraymessage window up on ws1, while it accessed the license from the network, and it gave me an error that it couldn't connect to the nodes, because they refused the connection. I suspect this is the problem. But how can I fix it?

I am no longer sure which approach to take. I am out of ideas. I have been struggling with this for two days now.
    Are there any experience with this, or suggestions for how to fix it?

I would need to take the entire load off the workstations, and we are mostly doing high res still renders, which eliminates the big need for using backburner on all nodes.

This setup worked before, but we've had trouble since installing vray3, actually.
    And this setup is totally perfect for our use. I hope you didn't take away the functionality with running backburner->spawner??

All machines are setup with max design 2015 sp3 and vray 3.10.03

Did you enable Save servers in scene ?

mekene

Comment

Originally posted by theedge View Post
      Did you enable Save servers in scene ?
      Oh my god, thank you! I did not do that, and I am not sure why it was reset to off.
      Easy solution, yet so hard to figure out when you deeply charge the licensing to be the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X