where is the executable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is the executable?

Call me blind or stupid but I just downloaded the vray update file "vraystd_adv_31003_snow_leopard_x64_gcc-4.2_hwlic.zip". I unzipped it and got another zip file, a text file, and a dmg file. I unzipped the second file and got 6 additional folders. I searched the folders and can see no executable that will start the vray installation. What an I doing wrong? Am I missing something? The Vray install guide, of course, makes no mention of what the install file is that I should be launching. Any help?
    mh

Is it really vray standalone for snow leopard that you want to install ? Because if it is the case you shouldn't be looking for an executable at all. Double clicking the dmg should mount it no ?

mekene

Comment

NO. Double clicking the dmg gives a result from windows saying it does not recognize the file type. And I am assuming that the snow leopard is the upgrade to Vray 3. Did I download the wrong file from Vray site?
      mh

Comment

I just went back to the download section and saw that I downloaded the wrong file. DOH!
        mh

Comment

So you are under Windows. You have downloaded the wrong file then. Snow Leopard is mac OS.

mekene

Comment

yes. Just down loaded the correct files and installed them both. Worked fine. User error not software error. Thanks for responding.
            mh

Comment

so now I have installed vray 3 for max 2015 and vray 3 for max 2014 (which I have on the same machine). When I open up max 2014, I get error messages saying there are path conflicts and vray will not launch. It launches on max 2015 but not 2014. Is this just the way things are and by installing vray 3 on this machine I am limited to now only using it with max 2015?
              mh

Comment

This set up shouldn't be a problem. Best to email our support guys to support@chaosgroup.com and may be schedule a remote session - they'll help you get things up and running.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X