Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help. Saving Side by Side Stereo Sequence/Animation Problem

Hi,

I searched high and low on this forum and am sorry if someone asked this same question before.

I want to render out an animation in side by side format then view it later in a 3rd party Stereo player.

It rendered ok on VFB and I can manually save one image by clicking the save button. However the problem came when I rendered it on the networks and used the Save File function under Common tab and Render Output group.

Vray or 3ds max itself seemed to save only the left or right eyes image ( I cannot tell which is right or left ) and skipped the other one side.

So i thought maybe my networks machines did not work so I tried that locally. Same thing happened. It did not not save side-by-side image. It did only one-sided image instead.

I tried to tick the Seperate render channles and Save RGB under the Vray tab, Frame buffer rollout. But it only works for a single image.

Rendering 1000 frames and manually saves 1 by 1 is out of a question for me.

Could I ask what part I missed out and what I should do?

Is this a bug waitting for Autodesk or Vray to fix?

Thank you in advance.

Richard
    Regards,

I tried switching JPG to PNG and it seems to work now.

Thank you.

Comment

There's an issue with JPG saving (it's in the 3ds Max code). A work-around could be to disable the "adjust resolution" option and instead manually set the render width to twice the single view width. We should probably output a warning about this.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X