Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay RT GPU Host Disconnect Error

TEST_VRayRTGPU.zip

So, I can't render that on GPU. I was wondering if anyone else could. CPU RT works fine. When I switch to GPU, I get a host disconnected error.

vray_adv_32001_max2014_x64_25821.rar - The nightly I'm using. Latest one.
    3DS Max 2014
    Dual Titan X SLI, 12GB VRAM per (tried disabling SLI for s&g)
    i7 4790 @ 4.5GHz
    36GB RAM

I really wanted to run these Titan Xs. Is it me? Thank you guys.

Edit: Ok, so I uninstalled VRay and the Wibukey drivers, and reinstalled them. CPU and OpenCL work, but not CUDA.

Edit: It seems like when using OpenCL, my VRAM is still loaded with textures even after I close Max. I have to restart to clear it.
    Last edited by logan683; 22-05-2015, 09:56 PM.
    Logan
    Omnia Mutantur
    logan683@gmail.com

Origin Genesis Pro
    -i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
    -GeForce GTX Titan X @ +200 GPU, +300 Memory x2 non-SLI
    -32GB RAM
    -Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

If V-Ray is started as a service, it wouldn't be able to use the GPUs (this is a limitation of the GPU drivers). If that is the case, just start V-Ray as a normal process.
    You can use ocldeviceselect.exe to check if the operating system (and V-Ray) can see all the GPUs you have.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

Win 7:
      Start-->Chaos Group-->VRay RT blah blah folder-->Remove VRay RT render server as a service-->Restart.

That's correct, right? Sorry for being a n00b on this. Thank you, Blago. Congrats on the (fairly) recent baby, btw.

Edit: I ask because it's still waiting for the picture, apparently.
      Logan
      Omnia Mutantur
      logan683@gmail.com

Origin Genesis Pro
      -i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
      -32GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by logan683 View Post
        Win 7:
        Start-->Chaos Group-->VRay RT blah blah folder-->Remove VRay RT render server as a service-->Restart.

That's correct, right? Sorry for being a n00b on this. Thank you, Blago. Congrats on the (fairly) recent baby, btw.

Edit: I ask because it's still waiting for the picture, apparently.
        Thanks, but it is another GPU dev - Deyan, with the baby, so I will forward that to him

On the topic, make sure SLI is disabled. Check if there is something starting with VRAY in the Services tab of the Task Manager.
        Also, when you start V-Ray RT, a process is spawn (named vray.exe). Can you please share the log ? Do you see your GPUs in the ocldeviceselect.exe tool ?
        V-Ray fan.
        RTX ON

Comment

Blago, I'm sorry to have to ask this, but what is your process on making a log? I honestly have never had to do that before.

Yes, ocldeviceselect.exe can see both my GPUs. This is a brand new build, so I doubt it's the machine; more than likely operator error.

Thank you for all your help.
          Logan
          Omnia Mutantur
          logan683@gmail.com

Origin Genesis Pro
          -i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
          -32GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by logan683 View Post
            Blago, I'm sorry to have to ask this, but what is your process on making a log? I honestly have never had to do that before.

Yes, ocldeviceselect.exe can see both my GPUs. This is a brand new build, so I doubt it's the machine; more than likely operator error.

Thank you for all your help.
            When the RT engine is started, a process named vray.exe is created (it is just a console that pops up). The text in the console is the log itself, it usually contains helpful information by which we can know better what is going on. Btw, have you checked the Services tab in the Windows Task Manager to see if there is vary-something started there ?
            V-Ray fan.
            RTX ON

Comment

vraylog.txt

I hope that's it. If not, let me know.

In services, I see VRLService, but that's all.

Edit: And this my be lame to ask as well, but the console doesn't always pop up. I've been having to go into settings and change the log window to "Always". Is there a way to just keep it on?
              Logan
              Omnia Mutantur
              logan683@gmail.com

Origin Genesis Pro
              -i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
              -32GB RAM

Comment

In stead of going back and forth with my suggestions, do you think it might be better to arrange online session (with the help of our support guys), so we can log on your machine and check out whats wrong ?
                V-Ray fan.
                RTX ON

Comment

That would be great. I have TeamViewer on this thing, so let me know the Bat Time and Bat Channel. Thank you, Blago.

Is there anything I can/should do in the meantime? Reinstall? Leave it alone?
                  Logan
                  Omnia Mutantur
                  logan683@gmail.com

Origin Genesis Pro
                  -i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
                  -32GB RAM

Comment

Great, the support will contact you next week to arrange date and time that suits you.
                    Otherwise, it is a bit hard to give any other suggestions; I doubt that there is something wrong with the installation; most likely some kind of machine-specific setting.
                    Best, Blago.
                    V-Ray fan.
                    RTX ON

Comment

Hi Logan,

Details about remote procedure has been sent to the mail listed in your signature.
                      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                      X