Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey squares when using Vrayspawner as a Service

Hi,

I'm having problems with DR. If I run Vrayspawner as a Service on the slave machines, their buckets render everything grey. I tried turning off the firewall but that didn't help. However, if I run Vrayspawner from the exe file, everything is fine. Please check the attached render.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	881963
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

This is most likely because V-Ray Spawner service uses Local System Account which doesn't have rights to access the project assets.
    Make sure that the spawner service uses a windows account which has the necessary rights to access the shared files:

Name:	Hi8Rm4U.jpg
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	856408

More information on that matter could be found here:
    http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...enderingAssets
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will try this out and write back with the results.
      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Svetlozar.. is that windows 95 you are using?

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
          Svetlozar.. is that windows 95 you are using?
          This is Windows 7 with customized theme
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I now had some free time to try this. Unfortunately I didn't manage to make it work. I typed "Administrator" in the 1st field and then a password. Then I restarted the service and an error message appeared:
            "Windows could not start the VraySpawner 2016 service on Local Computer. Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure."

What exactly should I type in these 3 fields?
            Last edited by Alex_M; 26-06-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
              I now had some free time to try this. Unfortunately I didn't manage to make it work. I typed "Administrator" in the 1st field and then a password. Then I restarted the service and an error message appeared:
              "Windows could not start the VraySpawner 2016 service on Local Computer. Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure."

What exactly should I type in these 3 fields?
              With the computers at my office when I run DR as a service I type in my own login name and pass, so:

This Account: Your User Name
              Password: Your Pass for your account
              Confirm Password: Type the password again to make sure they match
              Cheers,
              -dave
              â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
                With the computers at my office when I run DR as a service I type in my own login name and pass, so:

This Account: Your User Name
                Password: Your Pass for your account
                Confirm Password: Type the password again to make sure they match
                Thanks a lot for your help, Syclone. However, I don't think I have a password for my account. When I turn on my PC it starts right off, without log-in screen asking for password. Or maybe I have one but I don't know what it is? How can I find out if I have a password and what it is?
                Last edited by Alex_M; 26-06-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help, Syclone. However, I don't think I have a password for my account. When I turn on my PC it starts right off, without log-in screen asking for password. Or maybe I have one but I don't know what it is? How can I find out if I have a password and what it is?
                  Do you have password set for your user account (the user must be with admin rights)

Name:	2015-06-30 09_31_16}.jpg
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	856441
                  This pass should be used for V-Ray spawner Logon settings.

Comment

Thanks, Tashko. I don't think I have a password since Windows has never asked me for one when turning on my PC. Here's how my User Accounts menu looks like:

Name:	user.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	856450

Can you let me know what should I do? Thanks a lot for your help. I hope we can get this working.
                    Last edited by Alex_M; 30-06-2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Tashko. I don't think I have a password since Windows has never asked me for one when turning on my PC. Here's how my User Accounts menu looks like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24922[/ATTACH]

Can you let me know what should I do? Thanks a lot for your help. I hope we can get this working.
                      In this case you can set password for this user (it must have the necessary rights to access the folders where the texture files are stored) and follow the instructions from our docs :
                      section > Mapped Drives and UNC Paths for Texture Maps and Other Rendering Assets
                      http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...uted+Rendering

If you still have any problems to set the render node to work properly with DR, please send us an email to support at chaosgroup.com

Comment

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but I think I found why I couldn't set up VraySpawner as a service! After spending long hours searching on the internet, I found this and this page. From what I read there, it seems that only accounts that are part of a domain network structure can be granted remote access to other files through services (such as the VraySpawner service). Am I right? And since the PCs I was trying to run the VraySpawner service on are on a workgroup instead of domain, VraySpawner service is impossible to be set up. Can someone confirm? Or is there a trick to make workgroup PCs run the service nevertheless? Should I change the networking structure from workgroup to domain and are there benefits in doing so?

Comment

Hi,

There is no difference if you are part of domain or Workgroup. You need to set-up V-Ray spawner service to use as Log in account a user that has read/write access of the shared resources over the network. For further information how to setup the Log in account of a user, please refer to our help here:
                          http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...enderingAssets

Comment

Working...
                          X