Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay taking forever to finish render

Hey guys,

I've got a project going on that isn't particularly large, nothing fancy going on...

It renders just fine, right the way through and all buckets complete however once it has completed it freezes for up to 10 minutes. It just reads "Current Task: Rendering Image...: Done" and stays there.
    Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Could you try sticking this in a pre AND post render script and see what you get?

Code:
    FreeSceneBitmaps()
    Let us know...
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Not being at all fluent in maxscript, do I just enter this into the max script listener?

www.robertslimbrick.com

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
        Not being at all fluent in maxscript, do I just enter this into the max script listener?
        Oops sorry, here's some more info
        Stick that in notepad then save it with whatever filename, but instead of the extension "txt", change the extension to "ms"
        Then in the render dialog under the common tab, scroll down to the bottom, there's a section there called "Scripts"
        Expand that part then in the Pre and Post-Render section, browse to the file you just saved with the "ms" extension.

So then what will happen when you next time render, it will 1st run the pre-run script, and after that it will actually start to render. Then when the render is "done", it will run the post render script.

You shouldnt need this script in the pre and post, but just in your case we're troubleshooting your scene...
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

I'm having the problem again with another scene - it appears to be scenes with a lot of displacement causing the issue. That said, I don't think having displacement on a road and some brickwork is overkill?

www.robertslimbrick.com

Comment

Is there a chance to sent that scene for investigation?
            Let us also know the exact versions of V-Ray and 3DSmax and what steps we should follow in order to reproduce the issue the same way into our environment.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I'm also having this on a job. Lots and lots of maps being used, loads of objects, lights etc. Complex scene. The render moves along just fine but it hangs for a good while, maybe 1 minute or so, saying "Done" before it starts writing the output. Once it's written it appears to jump back to life fairly quickly.
              Alex York
              Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
              www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

It will be helpful if some of you could send us an example scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we could investigate the issue further.
                Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X