Holy Buckets Batman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Buckets Batman!

I updated to 3.2 recently and am not sure what I just did. When I render using DBR, the entire scene gradually fills up with buckets whereas before, I'd only have a bucket for each thread. I'm looking in the System Settings, and thought Dynamic Splitting may be doing it, but it's not. Any other thoughts?
    David Anderson
    www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
    Windows 10 Pro
    3ds Max 2023.3 Update
    V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
    Puget Systems
    TRX40 EATX
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
    2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    128GB RAM

Are there any error messages related to the render servers?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

This is a very large scene (7,174,000 polys). The screen grab shows what's going on. Basically, it's slowing to a crawl. However, two days ago, it was working great! What was taking 23min. per frame (v-ray 2.4), I got it to just under 7 minutes with VRay 3.2! The only error messages have to do with non v-ray materials for some of the internal parts to the scene, so I just ignore those as it would take forever to find them.

Today when I've been playing some more, this happens. The only thing I did differently was to change everything from default to expert.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	512.6 KB
ID:	856467vraylog.txt.zip
      David Anderson
      www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
      Windows 10 Pro
      3ds Max 2023.3 Update
      V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
      Puget Systems
      TRX40 EATX
      128GB RAM

Comment

It might be useful to remove those incompatible materials. They might be a reason for the problem. If not, best to get me the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

I created a preset for the scene and then loaded a slightly older version of that scene. It rendered just fine for me (incompatible materials and all). I then loaded the newly created preset, and the issue came back. So the problem is clearly with the preset, whatever I did to it.

The scene is rather huge. I could upload to dropbox and send you a link. Is that alright?
          David Anderson
          www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
          Windows 10 Pro
          3ds Max 2023.3 Update
          V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
          Puget Systems
          TRX40 EATX
          128GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
            I created a preset for the scene and then loaded a slightly older version of that scene. It rendered just fine for me (incompatible materials and all). I then loaded the newly created preset, and the issue came back. So the problem is clearly with the preset, whatever I did to it.
            Can you just save two V-Ray presets with the settings from the older and newer scene and compare them?

The scene is rather huge. I could upload to dropbox and send you a link. Is that alright?
            Let's see what are the differences between the settings first.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Had this problem after upgrading to vray 3.x when trying to enable embree and dr while using amd cpus on the slaves (intel workstations).
              Signing out,
              Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
                Had this problem after upgrading to vray 3.x when trying to enable embree and dr while using amd cpus on the slaves (intel workstations).
                This was fixed a long time ago.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X