Vrayskinmtl ignoring shadows with motion blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vrayskinmtl ignoring shadows with motion blur

I have an object with vrayskinmtl applied, and a few lights that have include and exclude geo in there. When rendering with motionblur on, that object doesn't receive any shadows (that, or is ignored by those include/exclude lists). When i turn mb off its fine. Motion blur on again with a standard vraymtl and its also fine. Haven't tried with VraySSS2 yet, but its only happening randomly on some objects with skinmtl on. I also have other objects in the scene with skinmtl but those render fine with motion blur.
    Last week the same happened with a different object but that also had skinmtl and motion blur on.

Tried this with 3 vray versions (latest on was yesterday's 3.2 stable).

Any suggestions?

update: It only happens when using the Raytraced scattering option. Using prepass it behaves "normally". The look is completely different and way darker, but at least is interpreting the shadows. Thing is it is unusable right now.

Are you guys aware of this? I can send a scene if you need.

update2: Tried to isolate the issue and found that this is caused by a small light that i have that only is affecting the characters eyes (for a small highlight). It had the affect diffuse option on, but when i turned it off somehow it fixed the shadow issue on the skinmtl object. Even though it is excluded from the light list. Here's a small print.

Click image for larger version

Name:	skin_bug02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	857819
    Click image for larger version

Name:	skin_bug01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	857818
    Last edited by Moriah; 08-07-2015, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Hi,

It looks like a bug that we have already logged in our system : Light Exclude/Include List is ignored for SSS/Skin Materials when Motion Blur in ON.
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Is there any ETA for a fix on this? I'm kinda stuck on a project because of this, have to split the each character's renders right now which isn't ideal.

Comment

I'll be looking into this as soon as I can, so hopefully I'll have a fix in a couple of days.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply vlado

Comment

Working...
            X