Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray VFB drops overbright integer from value (0.X)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray VFB drops overbright integer from value (0.X)

The Vray Framebuffer in 3.2 seems to be wonky. Instead of values going 0.0 -> 0.5 -> 1.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.0 it's going, 0.0 -> 0.5 -> 0.0 -> 0.5 -> 0.0. Instead of clamping it's just dropping the first integer value. So if you have a ZDepth for instance that goes to infinity it'll just be a series of gradients looping from black to near white.
    Gavin Greenwalt
    im.thatoneguy[at]gmail.com || Gavin[at]SFStudios.com
    Straightface Studios

Perhaps the button for clamping the colors is disabled? Sometimes it turns off when loading scenes that were saved with older versions.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Do you mean the Color mapping tab's "Clamp Output"? I didn't know there was a clamp button in the VFB. To be clear it's not actually clamping the values, if I right click I get "3.23" but when looking at it doesn't look like 1.0 clamped as expected it looks like 0.23.

EDIT: Of course the moment I post a reply I find the button. Yes that is the problem. Is that expected behavior though? What good does cycling back to 0.## serve the artist? I guess I don't understand the use case for not clamping the viewer. I would expect the clamp button to clamp the render prior to Exposure/White Balance/Hue/Saturation etc. I would say the default should be unclamped but then if you want to say adjust saturation without overbrights going insane be able to enable clamping and enable hue/sat.
      Last edited by im.thatoneguy; 09-07-2015, 09:52 AM.
      Gavin Greenwalt
      im.thatoneguy[at]gmail.com || Gavin[at]SFStudios.com
      Straightface Studios

Comment

Working...
      X