Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Render get extremely slow after a few days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Render get extremely slow after a few days.

Hi,

I have recently updated my vray to 3.2 but i am not sure if 3.2 causes it or not.

My render gets extremely slow after a few days working on the file. If I wipe all the settings, like change engine to Scanline and back to vray and resetup all the settings then it s back to normal speed.

That s very strange. Do you have problem like this? or I did something wrong.

Thanks you,

A few days consecutively in one session? If so, it's probably your RAM building up.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Comment

yea it is a few days straight. But even when i restart the machine it is still slow. it only fixes it when i wiped all the vray setting and reset it up.

Comment

If you still keep the scene around, it would be best to send it to support@chaosgroup.com so that we can take a look.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, I find the same thing. The more I work on a project the slower the render goes. Often, I change the renderer and it usually triggers something and starts to run smooth again.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Same reply for you There's no logical reason for that to happen, but I'd love to take a look at scenes.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Any chance it's the stacking of a bunch of modifiers and things as the scene progresses?

Comment

Originally posted by Deflaminis View Post
                Any chance it's the stacking of a bunch of modifiers and things as the scene progresses?
                It's unlikely as resetting the renderer won't affect those things at all.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X