Sketchup model into max cant convert standart to vray mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchup model into max cant convert standart to vray mat

If anyone could help me convert all materials on scene to vray mats, i get "--type error: getclassinstances requieres maxclass, got: undefined" when use vray scene converter.

download link

link
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arch Pedro A. Solano
    "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
    Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
    Follow us on facebook
    Visit us on PSolano

what I usually do when I import SU files is replacing materials. make your materials with with VRay and save them into a library, they have to have the same name that you are using in SU.
    after that you update the materials using that library....this way if you update the model in SU and you import it back in MAX with one click you update the materials as well.
    show me the money!!

Comment

What V-Ray version is that, I managed to convert all the materials to V-Ray ones without any issues with version 3.20.02:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-15-26-30.png
Views:	1
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	857842
      scene: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/scenes/ENTORNO-02.zip
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

@flino2004
        Good advice, it was a google warehouse model so i imported it directly to max.
        @svetlozar
        Im using 3.10.03 on max2014 on an old sketchup model so i assumed i dont needed the latested vray, changing version with ongoing projects with tight deadlines its not an opcion for me. Thanks for the scene
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Arch Pedro A. Solano
        Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
        Follow us on facebook
        Visit us on PSolano

Comment

This scene actually converts with no issues with version 3.10.03/Max 2014.
          There might me something wrong with the converter, would it be possible to re-install the same 3.10.03 version and run one more test?

Comment

I reinstall and confirm, it ran with no problems.
            Thanks
            Arch Pedro A. Solano
            Follow us on facebook
            Visit us on PSolano

Comment

Glad to hear it works fine now.
              Let us know if you have any other issues.

Comment

Working...
              X