3.20.01 Render Elements Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.20.01 Render Elements Behavior

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, if so please feel free to move to an appropriate one.

Some questions about render elements in 3.20.01 and Max 2016.

When I have the VRFB enabled, whether rendering locally or via our farm, the render elements are not saved - not as separate files nor embedded in an EXR. Is this normal behavior?

Additionally, when rendering to a farm with Deadline 7.1 (without the VRFB enabled for render pass output), the initial frame per node renders the passes just fine. Yet when iterating frames, the subsequent frames are all black. I can overcome this by checking Deadline's "Restart Renderer Between Frames" option. Again, is this normal behavior?

Thank you for shedding light on these occurrences.

For the first question - it's normal. The elements must be saved through the V-Ray VFB options (either the raw file output as .exr or .vrimg, or through the "split channels" option). You can always turn off the VFB for farm rendering though.

The second part with the black frames, I'm not sure. Will have to look into it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Deadline recommend putting "Restart Renderer between frames" on. It solves many issues with VRay and Deadline. It's a max issue technically somwhere apparently....
      Maxscript made easy....
      davewortley.wordpress.com
      Follow me here:
      facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Thank you Vlado and Dave!!

Comment

Working...
        X