VolumeGrid Bezier Curves + Preset from FumeFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VolumeGrid Bezier Curves + Preset from FumeFX

Started using the volumegrid recently and i noticed the lack of control on the diagram's points. Turning the Smooth option on/off doesn't change anything, and some kind of bezier/linear curve controls would be awesome. Noticed that phoenixFD already has something like that, at least the beziers..

Also i tried loading the preset from fumefx via f3d and it doesn't work. I was expecting it to correctly interpret the fumefx settings (gradients, multipliers, overall settings for smoke/fuel) and convert to volumegrid settings, but i had to do it by hand. Or maybe i'm expecting too much?
    Last edited by Moriah; 15-07-2015, 07:52 AM.

Hello,

We just add your feature request for more precise control over the curve in our system.

About your second question, I will check if we should read that information and will update you.
    Tsvetan Geshev
    Technical Support Representative

Chaos Group

Comment

Hello,

Render settings are not exported to f3d. FumeFX's renderer is completely different from Phoenix's (which is used in the VolumeGrid), so you'll have to replicate the settings. Basically this comes down to a few simple steps - replicate the diagrams, adjust the smoke opacity, and fire opacity and intensity. You can have a look at this video for some basic pointers:
      https://vimeo.com/101519570

We're still working on the diagram controls, so they are yet to be completely refined. Stay tuned
      Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Working...
      X