Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 bit Displacement in compositemap

Hi there,

I´m having trouble withdisplacement again...I´m making a macro shot of a finger getting bitten, so I created two hires (8k) 32 bit displacement maps in Zbrush for unbitten and bitten state.
    In 3DS Max I´m using a cmopositemap an a radial gradient ramp to blend the two states together.
    Bothmaps render fine individually, but when used in the compositemap, the rendering gets stuck right at the beginning and I can only force close max via the task manager.
    Is that a known issue with that combination of maps? Or is it just the size of the two maps beeing to big? Memory doesn´t seem to be an issue though, when looking at the taskmanager or the rendering window.

Hope you can help me sort this out!

Yep, size does matter, as it seems...I exported 4k 32 bit exrs from zbrush instead of the 8k 32 bit 3 channel tifs and now it renders fine.

Comment

Are you using the 3ds Max Bitmap loader, or VRayHDRI?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I read somewhere, that Vray HDRI doesn´t work with Vraydisplacementmod, so I used the standard bitmap loader.
        Not sure if it worked because I switched from tif to exr or because of the size, I know tifs have been an issue in the past (hence why I exported 3 channel tifs) though...
        Zbrush 4R7 exports exrs via the multimap exporter now, so I would be fine without tifs...I´d have to test it again to see what was the problem though, maybe somebody else has bumped into this problem before.
        Or you are telling me, that VrayHDRI works with Vraydisplacement now, than I´d gladly throw away the old bitmap loader...

Comment

Originally posted by ben_hamburg View Post
          I read somewhere, that Vray HDRI doesn´t work with Vraydisplacementmod, so I used the standard bitmap loader.
          From what I can test it works fine...

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I guess that was either some misinformation or you already fixed it....

Thats great news! Now I´m definitely switching to VrayHDRI!

Comment

Working...
            X