Proxy offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy offset

I've generated an animated vrmesh and when using the offset, I have to basically invert my offset parameters for it to play as expected. Is this typical?

For example, if my animation uses frames 500-668, on the offset instead of entering "500" I have to enter "-500" for it to work. Just wanted to be sure that is typical. For other point cache systems I've used, an offset of 500 would delay playback by 500 frames, but with Vrmesh this seems inverted.

Just want to be sure that is how it's supposed to work. I've been having trouble sending this job to external render farms (they are ignoring my animation), but it works over the network locally and I'm trying to nail down why. Wondered if this might be partially related.

Thanks!
    AJ

The Soulburn Scripts are brilliant. I have had them for years and I always keep them current, however I never use them. Well, I use the pivot mover, but other than that, I haven't bothered to read their descriptions. I just used the tranform remover and it seems to have worked, and it performed its operation fast.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I love soulburn, Neil Blevins has saved me so many times it's not even funny. I donated 20 bucks or so once to his site as a way of saying thanks. Is there a solution to this within soulburn that I wasn't aware of?

I'm not even sure it's broken, it does work fine when I enter -frames. Just trying to figure out why and external farm would hate it. My cache was very large and maybe too large to reach the slaves before rendertime, I dunno.

Comment

Autodesk needs to implement most of these into MAX.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Deflaminis View Post
          For example, if my animation uses frames 500-668, on the offset instead of entering "500" I have to enter "-500" for it to work. Just wanted to be sure that is typical.
          That's normal, yes.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation.

I had put 2 uvmap modifiers on the proxy object and I think it wasn't a good idea. Instead I baked those in and then everything worked fine, or maybe it was just one of those things. Thanks for your time,
            AJ
            Last edited by Deflaminis; 01-09-2015, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X