X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay DR missing buckets (again !)

Hello !
    Let me describe our workflow first.
    Scene consists of xrefs , in main scene there are all the lights and cameras.
    Farm setup is like this : Main server with read-only vray DR list , Deadline 7.1. Picking up the job in the queue - starting to render - takes spawners from VRay DR config file - starts to render.
    All paths are UNC , converted by this simple script (attaching it as well , if it may be the case) - it helped us to get rid of loosing mapped drives connection on spawner machines.
    All the xrefs and textures are network paths , spawners are running as usual - not service-like.
    We have constant production flow and occasionally have this issue , when almost half of the image is rendering empty buckets (only information from main scene) - definetely losing xrefs somewhere on the road.
    But this scene became kind of nightmare, it is exterior and for some reason half of the image is without x-refs. And it's about all of the spawners , not just part of them.
    Maybe there is a time-out limit to load scene - its pretty heavy , or there is a memory limit or something ?
    Because of this issue we had to check on the "Merge xrefs" option in deadline , what sometimes gives problems as well (trying to resolve that with ThinkBox).
    Merging scene in one and sending to render solves the problem...
    If it is needed we can pack and send the scene.
    Thanks !
    Attached Files
    Available for remote work.
    My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Hi,

Could you provide details about the software versions that you are using? 3DS Max and V-Ray.
    Also with X-ref you mean X-ref scenes not objects. Is that right?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Yes , sorry for messy description.. Vray 3.20.02 , 3DSMax 2014
      And by the x-refs i mean x-refed scene.
      Looks like scene needs to be optimized to render properly on spawners , they have different configurations from 24 to 32 gb of ram , workstation has 64 , so looks like scene is taking about 50 to render - what is obviously skynumber for spawners with 24gb ram , can that be a reason ?
      Last edited by Oleg_Budeanu; 04-09-2015, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg_Budeanu View Post
        Yes , sorry for messy description.. Vray 3.20.02 , 3DSMax 2014
        And by the x-refs i mean x-refed scene.
        Thank you.
        There is one similar issue in our system and the problem was in the camera node. Deleting the old camera and creating a new one fixed the "black" render node buckets. Furthermore the issue was not reproducible with 3DS Max 2015 SP2 or later.
        Is it possible to send us the scene file to run a few tests here?

Does the issue with the missing xref occurs only in this scene? It is weird that the scene renders fine when all xref files are merged into the main scene. If the scene requires such a big amount of memory (50gb) and some of the slaves has only 24, then those render nodes should crash or print an error.
        Can you run a test with one basic xref scene?
        Last edited by tashko.zashev; 04-09-2015, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Yeah i find that quite strange as well.
          And buckets are not black - they are completely empty.
          I once used FTP to upload scene with a problem, should i use the same FTP credentials ?
          This issue appears really random, not only on this scene. But looks like this scene give this problem constantly (while not merging).

Comment

I once used FTP to upload scene with a problem, should i use the same FTP credentials ?
            I think yes. But if you have any problems, please drop us an email to support@chaosgroup.com and we will send you the login details again.

BTW there is a more recent V-Ray build 3.20.03 available on our web side.

Comment

Thanks for the news , i missed that for some reason ! That's a stable build i assume ?

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg_Budeanu View Post
                Thanks for the news , i missed that for some reason ! That's a stable build i assume ?
                Yes, official release.

Comment

I've managed to upload scene to FTP , sent e-mail as well.

Comment

Thank you Oleg.

Comment

Working...
                    X