Vraydisplacement problem when zooming in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraydisplacement problem when zooming in

I have an underwater scene with an ocean bed made from a large plane with vraydisplacement applied.

All is fine when the camera is set to something in the region of 40mm. As soon as I zoom in and the camera is looking across the plane the "compiling geometry" message doesn't seem to end. I've not waited long enough for it to finalise its computation.

Apart from increasing the edge length a lot more (currently set at 15.0) which will decrease the complexity, is there anything else I can do ?

p.s. Use of memory goes up from 5gb when doing the 40mm render and then suddenly up to 28gb + (as I think it is running out of memory) when zooming in.
    Last edited by stevesideas; 04-09-2015, 05:24 AM.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

If you are using the "static geometry" option, try turning it off and see if it helps.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I've managed to switch to 2d displacement for the ocean bed and I needed to switch off "keep continuity". This has sped things up a lot.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Good old 2D displacement, it's amazing that it is still useful

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yep. A real time saver. 3d does produce better results but for the shot I'm working on 2d is fine.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
          X