Crashes when adding render element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes when adding render element

Hi, out of no where whenever I try to add ANY render element max crashes, every new file does the same its not a specific file I tried uninstalling vray and installing it again but it still crashes whenever I add a render element.
    Vray 3
    Max 2014
    Windows 10 (it was working fine before on windows 10 the error started yesterday)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Mazen

Hi,

Is this the latest V-Ray Advanced version 3.20.03 ? I just did a test and it worked fine.
    Do you get the 3ds Max CER dialog with this crash?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Yes this is the latest version of vray the 3.20.03, it used to work perfectly fine until yesterday I'm suspecting maybe a windows update messed things up but I'm not sure.

Is this what you mean by the CER dialog ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mazens View Post
        Yes this is the latest version of vray the 3.20.03, it used to work perfectly fine until yesterday I'm suspecting maybe a windows update messed things up but I'm not sure.

Is this what you mean by the CER dialog ?
        Yes, the Customer Error Reporting dialog. Can you send us the 3dsmax minidump file ? There might be some useful info.

Comment

Sure, her's the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipds4l7b6v...idump.dmp?dl=0

Comment

Thank you for the file Mazens, we will keep you posted.

Comment

Thanks Tashko appreciate your concern, its just frustrating I tried updating windows but still kept crashing and I really really dont want to try uninstalling max and installing it again, will be waiting with what you come up with, thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazens View Post
                Thanks Tashko appreciate your concern, its just frustrating I tried updating windows but still kept crashing and I really really dont want to try uninstalling max and installing it again, will be waiting with what you come up with, thanks again.
                We have forwarded the log to our developers and they are trying to find what could be the reason for this crash.
                Meanwhile could you please try to assign the 3ds Max default scanline renderer and see if the crash still occurs when the native Max render elements are added to the scene.

Comment

Yes it does crash too when I add the native render elements.

Comment

Thank you for the update Mazens.

I see that Autodesk 3DS Max product has no support for Windows 10 yet:
                    http://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppor...ax-Design.html

But is strange that the issue is not reproducible in our tests. Probably there is some difference in the versions or updates. Do you have any service packs installed on 3DS max 2014 ?

There is also a discussion about similar problem in the following thread:
                    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...hlight=windows

Comment

Yes I have the latest service pack installed the thing is it was working fine on windows 10 before don't know what happened, I'll try disabling the "compression store" feature mentioned in the thread and see if it works before I uninstall and reinstall max again.

Comment

It seems that this is a known 3DSmax issue which has been discussed on Autodesk forums here:
                        http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-ma...s/td-p/5652367

One of the users mentioned that the crash in his case was caused by wacom drivers.
                        Have you changed anything on the system since the last time it worked fine?
                        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

No I havent changed anything, I'm suspecting the latest cumulative windows update which was on the 9th of September have messed something up, I'm going to try and uninstall the wacom driver and see if it works.

Comment

Damn wacom drivers I uninstalled them and it worked perfectly, thanks allot guys.

Comment

That's very good news, I'm glad to hear them.
                              It is a good idea to report this issue to Autodesk so they could fix it for the next SP.
                              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                              X