Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering Asset Transfer

Hi all,

When doing a single-frame distributed render from V-Ray 3.10.03, should the maps used in the file all be listed in the V-Ray messages window?

Example: (Asset "\\DESKTOP05\projectname\randomtexture.tga" transferred to render02:20204)

One of our slaves is always listed on the host workstation as getting a long list of maps. Another never does. The one that never get the long list of asset transfers works every time. The slave that gets the long list of asset transfers always has blank buckets.

Thanks,
    Tim

Does that happen on every scene or just on particular one?
    Would you please double check that all the machines participating in the distributed rendering use absolutely the sameV-Ray version and appropriate V-Ray Spawner(if multiple V-Ray installation exists)?
    What about the alpha channel of the blank buckets - is it correct or it is also blank?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim in Hollywood View Post
      One of our slaves is always listed on the host workstation as getting a long list of maps. Another never does. The one that never get the long list of asset transfers works every time. The slave that gets the long list of asset transfers always has blank buckets.
      The render slaves cache the assets on disk locally in a temporary folder once they are received. It is possible that the one slave that fails cannot write the files in the default folder (I think it's a sub-folder inside the local user temp folder). You can override the default folder on the failing render slave with the VRAY_ASSETS_CACHE_PATH environment variable - can you try that and let me know if it works?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X