Steps to setting up DR slaves - backburner error - can't obtain license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steps to setting up DR slaves - backburner error - can't obtain license

I am setting up a new slave in my home office for distributed rendering and I can't get past the backburner test that is listed in the steps. Backburner communicates, and the server even gets so far as to recieve the job. But then I get the error on the server window that the node could not receive a license for v-ray. I have successfully added my IP address to the license settings on the node. I also can't seem to resolve the server when I add it to the DR settings.
    Timothy Saunders

Hi,

What was the number after the message Could not obtain license ?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I am not at the computer at the moment, but I am pretty sure it said 10060
      Timothy Saunders

Comment

This error code (10060) means the slaves could not connect to the specified license server machine -either because the name of the machine is wrong, or some firewall is blocking the connection.
        Please try to stop your firewall/anti-virus just for a test and check whether the issue still persist. Also double check if the IP address of the machine that holds the dongle is added to the slave V-Ray client license settings.

Comment

Sorry, I was wrong. I got back to work on my machine and turned off firewalls on workstation and node, and got the same error. Looks like the error is 10061. Any ideas now?
          Timothy Saunders

Comment

Nothing? I have posted here and sent an email to support. Come on Chaos Group.
            Timothy Saunders

Comment

3 days and no response? Is anyone else getting blown off by CG staff? I have emailed and posted my issue here. I have retraced my steps to make sure I did everything as directed in the steps to set up DR, but can't get past the step of successfully processing a job through backburner. I have successfully processed a scanline render, but can't obtain a license with v-ray to the node. I have turned off the firewall on both systems with the same result.
              Timothy Saunders

Comment

I had a similar issue a long time ago and it was due to on the render slave when I went to change the license settings I just ran it as normal and pointed it to the license server, but unless I run it in Administrator mode it will not save the settings. I would give that a look to see if it is pointing at the license server.
                Cheers,
                -dave
                ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Thanks a lot for the response. I will give that a try.
                  Timothy Saunders

Comment

That didn't work. I even triple checked the firewall to make sure everything was allowed, even tried with the firewall simply turned off as a test. Still no luck obtaining a license. I then tried Closing Max after submitting the job to see if it was a matter of having not having enough licenses to work and render at the same time. That didn't work either. This is getting very frustrating. The thing that is so weird, I have installed a dozen machines as workstations and slaves at past companies I have worked for with no issues. Now it's like I'm brand new to v-ray, only this time Chaos Group staff isn't giving me the time of day.
                    Timothy Saunders

Comment

Hi Timothy,

Something is preventing the connection from the render node and V-ray license server on the machine where the dongle is plugged.
                      I've replied to the ticket you have created in our system about this issue with instructions how to proceed further.

Comment

Working...
                      X