Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced to one bucket

Hi,

I think this is a problem that has been reported many times before, but I can't believe that I'm still having it!

Problem:
    I hit render, everything starts as expected but from a full size (output dimensions) frame buffer I get a single white bucket in the top left hand corner.

Work around:
    I select the camera, duplicate as instance, then render from the instanced camera! Seems to work with no problems.

Set up;
    Max design 2014 SP5
    V-ray 3.10.03

All the distributed nodes use Max design 2015 SP3 with V-ray 3.10.03, but the problem persists without any nodes activated.

I have an archive of the current scene with the problem if that would help.

Cheers,

Bill

Further to the message above I am getting a lot of "Warning: Camera FOV is too small, possible round-off errors." messages on the same file. Again, the only solution that I know of is to instance the camera and render from the instance.

As I have said above I do have an archived scene for chaosgroup to look at if someone can.

Is there a solution/resolution to this problem already?

Cheers,

Bill.

Comment

Hi,

Actually I haven't seen this issue before.
      Can you give us the scene file to see if we can reproduce it here?
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Tashko,

I've sent the .zip file to support[at]chaosgroup.com via we-transfer. I hope that is ok.

Cheers,

Bill
        Last edited by LQ2; 29-09-2015, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the file Bill.

I managed to replicate the issue once, but now i get only "black" renders for some reason with the original scene settings.
          I will continue testing ...

Comment

According to my tests the problem here is in the 3DS Max and the way it handles the Camera nodes. There is a fix for this in 3DS Max version 2015 SP2 and later.
            I did a few tests with Max 2016 and there are no "black" renders with DR and no "Camera FOV is too small" error messages.

If you can't upgrade the Max version, then use the workaround you have found. Creating an instance camera works fine when this bug happens.

Comment

Hi Tashko,

Thanks for taking a look at this. As this project is in Max 2014 I presume there is no official Fix, but I will think about upgrading the job to get the solution as we are using Max 2015 with SP3 also.

The actual manifestation of the problem can take several forms:
              1: a single white bucket in the top left corner of the render
              2: a completely black render
              3: seriously funky "picasso" style render where the geometry seems to be bizarrely exploded and strangely shaded
              4: a recognisable render where the render nodes render a completely different view, somewhat like the description for type 3 above.

I've had this problem for ages, and have always just instanced the camera. I have reported it before, but have been unable to send the files as they have been massive with far too many assets to send. This has been the simplest file that it has happened on.

Again, I'm glad you have identified the problem and that it should be solved in Max 2015 sp2 and above.

If I come across it again I'll be sure to post again with an update.

Cheers,

Bill

Comment

Working...
              X