Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more vray distributed rendering via Backburner..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more vray distributed rendering via Backburner..

greetings Vray Comunity..

We´ve just upgraded from max2014 to 2016 and in the same step we upgradet from vray 2.4 to vray 3.2.

now in our workflow we used to use as well the max backburner system and in other cases the vray distribution by Buckets..

in many cases we just transmited our jobs to one of our Renderslaves by Backburner but let the Vray distribution checked, so that the backburner job started and from there on the backburner used Vrays spawner capabilitys to spread the job over the rendernetwork.

This was very handy esp. when timlines where near and you had to do other stuff but waiting for your immage on the lokal workstation and looking at renderbuckets..

but.. now with max 2016 and vray 3.2 this ability seems to be gone.. as i know my company right now uses 15 vray licences and a dozen max licenses... and we first installed vray as a renderslave on the Renderfarm .. but noticing this special problem also tried to install a standalone vray license on a rendernode to see if this way Vray could use the vrayspawner when a backburnerjob was submitted.. this didnt work either..

well ... any ideas ?

Thank you

Tom

I had the same issue when I upgraded to V-Ray 3.2. I fixed it by activating the "Save servers in the scene" option in the distributed rendering settings.

mekene

Comment

Hi,

In case that the solution provided by Theedge didn't help, please send us the log from the Backburner and Vraylog.txt from one of the render servers to support@chaosgroup.com
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X