Backburner and Dist Rendering issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner and Dist Rendering issues

I have an issue I only came across last night, for the first time I needed to render a couple large stills and wanted to use back burner and DR together, it starts up on the slave as expected and all the other slaves kick in but it seems only the host machine is able to use the maps. In the BB settings I had it set to send maps with the scene and also had save servers in scene in DR as well as transfer assets. This is oddly strange as not only transfer assets was on but all the machines have access to the maps with admin privileges is there something Im missing on setting up to use DR with BB?

Cheers,

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Hi Dave,

Do you use UNC paths for all scene assets ? Do you get the same issue when Backburner is not involved in the rendering?

If you rely on the Transfer missing assets to submit the textures to all render nodes, it will not work through a Backburner job. We are working to fix this issue.
    There is a workaround described here:
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...ght=backburner
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X