Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR and .ifl image sequence

Hello,

it seems i have problems rendering a simple texture with an image sequence .ifl when using DR.

Seems ok running locally, but got black buckets (no texture) on rendering nodes.

.ifl and images are accessible to the rendering nodes on the network, and send missing maps is also enabled

max2016/vray 3.20.03

Any ideas?

Thanks!

DR rendering with IFL should work fine if all files are stored on a shared location. I will run a quick test using Max 2016/V-Ray 3.20.03 here to confirm that.
    As for the Transfer missing map option, it doesn't work for IFL siquence yet. We are working to fix this for the next releases.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Yes, it's working fine.
      Just make sure that the IFL file is accessible from all render nodes and the IFL doesn't contain any local paths.
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Make sure your IFL is referencing UNC paths rather than direct paths maps...

i.e.

//myserver/data/jobs/test/textures/test.ifl

rather than
        n:/jobs/test/textures/test.ifl

If your Distributed rendering is running as a server then your paths need to be UNC mapped.
        Maxscript made easy....
        davewortley.wordpress.com
        Follow me here:
        facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

yeah indeed, in the .ifl i have juste the file path xxxx.jpg
          and the ifl is also a x:\aaa.ifl and not \\server\..

and as i have a mapped drive instead of unc path for all my textures, it's a bit hard to change right now (server layout in different in different locations, so having a mapped drive is easy)

so i made a .avi file of the sequence instead to be quick right now

Comment

Working...
          X