license server not working every timne I open max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• license server not working every timne I open max

I'm in 3ds max 2016 and Vray 3.02.3 and every time I open max all of the sudden I get "not able to obtain license"
    Yesterday I reinstalled Vray and the license server to get it to work.
    I go into the control panel- services/VRLService and it says "started"
    I have to reboot my computer to get it to work.
    This is driving my crazy.
    Everything was working fine until I removed the dongle and plugged it into my laptop. Had the same issue there.
    Then I brought it back to my pc and getting "not able to obtain license" every time I open Max.
    Attached Files

VRLService checks the dongle at each 95 seconds so you have to wait about ~2minutes before running 3DSMax when the dongle is connected back to the machine.
    If after that time the license hasn't been found there might be something wrong with connection to the dongle, in that case please check if the OS indicates that the dongle is found.
    -make sure the dongle exists in Device Manager: Click image for larger version

Name:	5BxSyiD.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	858444
    -make sure that the dongle exist in WibuKey Settings: Click image for larger version

Name:	7bPANue.png
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	858445
    -check the status page of the V-Ray License server: http://localhost:30304/getstatus

Are you using the same USB-ports when moving the dongle back and forth or each time the dongle is plugged into different USB-port?
    Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 30-09-2015, 12:27 AM.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
    X