VrayClipper crashes 3dsmax during LC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayClipper crashes 3dsmax during LC

I've attached a VrayClipper to a VrayPhysCam to clip some geometry close to the camera.
    When rendering it crashes 3dsmax during LC stage (somewhere after 50% of LC).
    When I disable the clipper it renders ok, but without clipping then ofcourse.

I'm using a filelinked Autocad drawing, with a lot of VrayProxies, Itoo Forest Pro and Railclone Pro geometry. If needed I can provide the scene.

I tried using camera clipping but then have the problem that the VrayLight with a VrayHDRI dome texture isn't visible as background and don't want to use general Environment or Vray Environment overrides for the background, they have other maps assigned.
    3DV - Ruud van Reenen
    www.3dv.nl

Hello,

Are you using the "Use object material" clipper option ? We've seen a crash with it ON and the clipper trying to shade Forest Pro geometry but haven't solved it yet..
    Other than that it would be best to send the scene to our support.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

I had indeed enabled "Use object material", after disabling it it renders fine!
      On a tight deadline here so your quick reply and workaround is much appreciated, thanks a lot!
      3DV - Ruud van Reenen
      www.3dv.nl

Comment

Working...
      X