Corrupt zdepth after merge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupt zdepth after merge

I have a ready to render scene with x passes including zdepth and so on. For each shot i import that scene with the render elements already setup and the zdepth, even though it renders correctly in the frame buffer, when its saved and imported into flame it says its corrupt. In photoshop there's no depth, its plain white. Same happens in fusion. I have to delete and create a new one for it to work properly.
    This zdepth was originally added via maxscript but its the most basic code, no custom settings.

I am not sure I understand your set up, could you please clarify it a bit more?
    Also which V-Ray version are you using?
    Does the issue persist if you add the z-depth element through the UI? Would it be possible to attach a simple scene and an output with the render elements (or send it to support@chaosgroup.com)?
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

The render element code is a bit dirty so basic code might not work for it - if you open the final render in a text editor it might tell you what format the image is saved in - I've had previous code where I was trying to save an exr file and I got corrupt renders - turns out max was saving them as tifs instead when I opened the file in a text editor and read its header.

Comment

Originally posted by Zdravko.Keremidchiev View Post
        I am not sure I understand your set up, could you please clarify it a bit more?
        Also which V-Ray version are you using?
        Does the issue persist if you add the z-depth element through the UI? Would it be possible to attach a simple scene and an output with the render elements (or send it to support@chaosgroup.com)?
        Max 2015, Vray 3.20.03

Scene with a character with a loopable animation. Settings and render elements are ready to render (elements added via mxs). »» Merge this file for every shot i have to render out. »» Everything comes out fine but zdepth is corrupt.
        If i delete that one, and manually add a new one normally all is fine.

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
        The render element code is a bit dirty so basic code might not work for it - if you open the final render in a text editor it might tell you what format the image is saved in - I've had previous code where I was trying to save an exr file and I got corrupt renders - turns out max was saving them as tifs instead when I opened the file in a text editor and read its header.
        Tried opening a random zdepth image in notepad and all i have is something like "00 03 05 02 00" :P

Comment

I'll send a scene where this bug happens

Comment

I'll send a scene where this bug happens
            To which e-mail have you sent it? I can not find it in the support mail?
            Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I haven't yet, when i have a little time i will.

Comment

Working...
              X