Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licencing issue - Vray vs Phoenix - urgent

Hi guys,

we have a problem here with Vray and Phoenix licence.

We have a master dongle with Vray and Phoenix, i use this dongle for my computer.
    My colleague has his own dongle with Vray.

Whenever my colleague wants to use Phoenix he connects remotely to the Phoenix licence on my dongle on my machine.
    So far so good.
    However, when he hooks in hooks in Vray on his own dongle....it doesnt work and we get -198 error in vray authorisation.

How come is that?

We have been ensured by our reseller - DigitalMedia that it will be working...no word about Vray being cut off from a licence when Phoenix is used.

Woudl you be so kind and let us know the solution for this?
    Were under a deadline and this is a problem for us.

Thanks a lot

Martin
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Please confirm via e-mail to support@chaosgroup.com the dongles SNs you are using.
    We double checked your dongles information in our records and we confirm that the none of your V-Ray for 3ds Max licenses has been removed from your dongles.
    Technical Support
    Chaos Group

Comment

I don't think that the issue is that a license is removed. The issue is that whenever the guy who wants to use Phoenix remotely decides to render with V-Ray, he also checks out the V-Ray license remotely, even though he has a separate dongle with a V-Ray license locally.

I'm not sure right away what would be the best thing to do in this situation. Perhaps you can specify also his dongle as an alternate license server, so that whenever your V-Ray license is checked out, you can use his.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok thanks, email is on the way with further description of the problem and the computers
        M
        Martin

Comment

Ok Vlado I jus dont want to cause more mess up here because on my dongle there are all the rendernodes for the farm, my vray licenc etc and i need all the computer rendergin in the farm.
          I can try this but i am just wondering why there isnt a more elegant solution.
          Why does his dongle access get cut off in the first place when Phoenix has a separate licence server... thats beyond my understanding.

and whats more, whenever this happens, we need to completely remove vray and phoenix from that machine and reinstall because no matter what we do his vray gets hooked to my dongle (but not receiving the licence from me) and its impossible to reset it back to using localhost ...we get an error window "cannot save licence"

Currently awaitign response from the support team

sorry for the typos....spent so much time trying to find a solution to this myself today and need to catch up with all the work now

Thanks and fingers crossed

M
          Martin

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
            Why does his dongle access get cut off in the first place when Phoenix has a separate licence server... thats beyond my understanding.
            It's actually the same license server. Both V-Ray and Phoenix use the same licensing system.

we get an error window "cannot save licence"
            This one is easy; the file with the settings is in the "Program Files" folder and if you have UAC enabled, it can't be modified that easily by programs like 3ds Max. What you can do, is go to the start menu > programs > Chaos Group > V-Ray for 3ds Max > Licensing > right click on Change client license server settings and choose "Run as Administrator..."

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help with. If you continue to have issues, we'll just get you an extra license of Phoenix for your guy on his dongle.

In any case, as you know we are working on an online license system that will make things a lot easier.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks a lot Vlado for the help!
              I will see what your support crew will reply and go from there.
              Thanks for that hint too!
              Didnt know you were planning online licence system! that would be AMAZING!
              Great stuff!
              Martin

Comment

Working...
              X