Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRayProxies not loading on MAX file opening (MAX 2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayProxies not loading on MAX file opening (MAX 2016)

We rencently moved from Max 2011 to Max 2016 and somhow the Vray Proxies in the scenes made in Max 2011 are not loading. Reloading the vrmesh makes them reappear, but it's really cumbersome since the problem isn't solve if I save/ close/ reopen after relinking.

I don't know if it's a MAX or a VRay problem, or even an iToo (because most of the proxies are scattered with forest)

The annoying (and odd) thing is that if you send a render without reloading the proxies, they just don't render. Paths are UNC pointing to a NAS. Everything was working fine under max 2011. I don't think it's a problem too with natively created files uneder MAX 20161.

Is this a known bug or limitation ? How to solve this ?
    Last edited by Pixelab; 13-10-2015, 06:18 AM.
    Philippe Steels
    Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

It is odd that they don't render; do you get any warnings or errors in the V-Ray log? Would it be possible to send some scene to support@chaosgroup.com for investigation?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I've had similar things pop up every now and again on 2016.

I've also had proxies appear giant like they are missing the link. but links works. most of the time they render properly but had at least one scene where some didn't render at all. in that case re-merging the proxies fixed the issue.

not sure if it will help the non rendering issue. but changing proxies display from "from file" to something else helps the viewport display issue.

Comment

I made a new test and it renders fine... I'll clean a file and send you the proxy tree only, so you can take a look at the reason why they don't load.

I guess I don't have to put the textures ? You'll have to put the vrmesh on place with an UNC link (relinking didn't helped so you could eventually reproduce the problem after relinking on your side)
        Philippe Steels
        Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Ok I found the culprit, and it's really strange.

While cleaning the file, I removed the Xref scenes, and proxies loads fine afterwards if I save and reload. So it's not really VRay nor Forest, but a strange bug in Xref scenes in 2016 that interferes with the proxy loading.

Apparently problem reappears when a 2011 file is added as a Xref scene.

On a side note, Xref scenes marked as display as box, don't display as box while loaded... very annoying
          Philippe Steels
          Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X