Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another DR Render problem

The problem is :

DR renders buckets with slight lighting differences. Not just maps, only colors too.
    All machines have 3dsmax 2016 with the latest Vray version installed.

-Checked the gamma settings on all nodes
    - Checked the maps on all nodes
    - Checked IES files on all nodes
    All is fine.

The render nodes are
    Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 @ 2.30ghz 36 core hyperthreaded to 72.64GB of Ram

So anybody can help me?
    for my blog and tutorials:
    www.alfasmyrna.com

Hi,
    More things to check out:
    *) Make sure that the Windows regional settings "Additional settings" "Decimal symbol" and "Digit grouping symbol" have same setup for all machines.
    *) Different V-Ray versions installed on the machines could also lead to such issues

Are you able to reproduce it even with a very basic scene setup (no maps) ?
    Is it possible to share some images ?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I missed the message. We are still having the problem. I checked all the regional settings and they are exactly the same.
      Tomorow I will try to reproduce in a scene without maps.

Thanks once again.
      for my blog and tutorials:
      www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Can you attach an same image so we could see how exactly the buckets looks like?
        Have you also checked whether all render nodes have absolutely the same V-Ray version installed?

If there are maps in the scene imported via 3DSMax Bitmap node please update them to use V-Ray HDRI node via the following tool:
        http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...yHDRIconverter

There is a bug with Bitmap node which sometimes force Max to load textures with wrong gamma value.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I have the same issue. Strangely, the IR was different from node to node, but the result was the same (was it only a display issue of the IR?)

I checked / UNC / VRay versions / all bitmap inside VRayHDRIs / Regional settings... all correct but still the brightness difference.
          Last edited by Pixelab; 08-01-2016, 08:14 AM.
          Philippe Steels
          Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Try to uncheck "transfer missing assets" in distributed rendering options.
            Available for remote work.
            My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelab View Post
              I have the same issue. Strangely, the IR was different from node to node, but the result was the same (was it only a display issue of the IR?)

I checked / UNC / VRay versions / all bitmap inside VRayHDRIs / Regional settings... all correct but still the brightness difference.
              We have to change the compression method for the IR map DR preview in order to avoid such issues. I assume that the final image is being rendered fine ?

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
                We have to change the compression method for the IR map DR preview in order to avoid such issues. I assume that the final image is being rendered fine ?
                Looks like it renders fine. I'm not 100% sure but I don't see splotches on flat surfaces where the buckets were really contrasted.

Philippe Steels
                Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Ah if that is only on preview of irr map than it will render fine , we have it constant here. Was quite surprised with that for the first time , but since final is ok , than looks like it is just preview buckets got from DR nodes are different.

Comment

One other thing you could try is turning of Probabilistic Lights...I've had nodes render buckets differently with that checkbox enabled.

Comment

when i saw this here and there, i also never thought that the final rendering is affected.
                      as i read this here i did a small test and i think the final render surely is affected, but it quite gets blurred and we can´t really see it easily.

you can measure the difference in the final rendering ! and i would also say you can even see it a bit.

with "transfer missing assets" it went away.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by thomes; 13-01-2016, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thomes View Post
                        we also have this here since some time. i also never thought that the final rendering is affected.
                        as i read this here i did a small test and i think the final render surely is affected, but it quite gets blurred and we can´t really see it easily.

you can measure the difference in the final rendering ! and i would also say you can even see it a bit.

with "transfer missing assets" it went away.
                        It looks like one or more render nodes have missing texture/s. That's the reason why Transfer missing maps helps in this case.

Comment

Yeah i can confirm that difference of IRRmap buckets in preview window does not affect final render (of course if you do not have any missing textures)

Comment

Working...
                          X