X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray RT 3.20.03 object alpha settings not respected

Hi There,

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm rendering in VRay RT (GPU)and the when I set the alpha on an object to zero, it still shows up in alpha channel. Is this feature supported?

I also noticed in Vray RT that when I use Vray (GPU) dirt extra texture and turn on work with transparency, this also fails.

Kind Regards

Kirado

Are you using the Opacity map of the V-Ray Mtl ? If you put VRayColor in it and set it to white (1,1,1) it should work fine.

Work with transparency for the dirt map is still not implemented. Sorry for that.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

Originally posted by savage309 View Post
      Are you using the Opacity map of the V-Ray Mtl ? If you put VRayColor in it and set it to white (1,1,1) it should work fine.

Work with transparency for the dirt map is still not implemented. Sorry for that.

Hi There, thank you for the reply. There is no oppacity map being used.
      I tried adding a VrayColor map and set it to white in the oppacity slot, no change to the alpha channel.

I'm trying to find a way of using VRAY RT GPU for rapid design prototyping renders. I need to be able to render out an alpha or an ID or some kind of mask to seperate my object from the backgroud for comping. Is there any way of doing this with current GPU implementation?

What would be the best way of doing this when working with materials that have oppacity clipped masks?
      I ask because the ID render element also doesn't respect the objects clipped oppacity shape.

I can't turn off the alpha for objects, and the ID channel as mentioned does not respect objects with oppacity clipped materials.

I want to render on the GPU because I have a Titan GFX card, so the speed saving it huge

Again, any help and advice appreciated.

Comment

A white(1,1,1) color in the Opacity slot gives opaque material(no transparency at all).
        Opacity slot of VRayMtl works fine according to my very simple test with two planes(one transparent and one opaque).
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-15-07-55.png
Views:	1
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	859051
        scene: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/scenes/opacity.max

Would it be possible to attach your scene(or a simplified version of it) for investigation?
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X