Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half refracted object gives totally black alpha channel

Hello.

I'm struggling with transparent objects and alpha channels. For the test, I have two box objects, one behind the other. Both of them have refract color about 210, 210, 210. I'm trying to get gray alpha for the front object and a bit darker color where the two objects are intersecting. But all I get is totally black alpha for both of them. Also the plane is not affected behind the refracted objects. I've tried to affect both color+alpha and all channels options.
    Below is two pictures, the render and the alpha channel. I don't know if I'm missing something here..?

Any help would be nice. Thank you.

Mikko

Click image for larger version

Name:	render.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	883104

Name:	render_alpha.jpg
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	883103

Are you sure you setting the affect alpha all channels in the refRACTION, and not accidently in reFLECTION?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Well then, actually I put them for both by accident, even I wasn't using any reflections and that was the reason why I got totally black alpha. So that is now solved, thanks!
      But now when I use a bit of reflection, I lost the transparency depth in alpha channel. As below. Can I somehow combine those two?

Name:	render_alpha_w_reflection.jpg
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	859010

Comment

Working...
      X