ICC Frame buffer not matching photoshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICC Frame buffer not matching photoshop

Hi I am having some problems with the icc profile loader in the frame buffer.

My image in photoshop is looks different in both srgb and adobe 1998,

In the vray frame buffer applying the adobe 1998 icc actually makes the image duller desaturated compared to the srgb mode,

This is the opposite in photoshop, desaturated duller image in srgb, more vibrant in adobe 1998,

Im not sure why,

I am testing on the same monitor which is calibrated, i am using the icc profiles that come with adobe photoshop

Thanks

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...have-no-effect

I think assigning a profile to image in photoshop and in Vray VFB is quite different things.
    When you assign profile to image in photoshop you describe where image is come from and photoshop translate this color space to monitor profile.
    When you assign profile to Vray VFB you instruct Vray about color space which should be used to display image. Vray assumes that image is in sRGB color space. So Vray translates sRGB to profile which you assigned.

I'm not sure I'm right.
    ___
    sorry for my English

Comment

Thanks so what are people doing to correctly view their images in ps,
      By the way the image looks correct in Nuke, Matches the frame buffer, but not so in photoshop

Comment

I had this same issue yesterday and I managed to see the exact same color in vray and photoshop simply changing in photoshop/edit/color settings/working spaces/RGB to my monitor space wich is a DELL U2410
        Now I can see the same in photoshop, vray and after effects.
        www.gaell.com

Comment

When you assign monitor profile in Vray VFB and assign sRGB profile to your image in Photoshop both should looks the same - I think

Comment

You have it backwards gagui.
            If you have your monitor callibrated, then in all likelyhood, PS is displaying correctly by default (because it reads the monitor profile that is saved into Windows, that happened at the point when you callibrated). By default VFB will display WRONG! (Because Max IGNORES any profiles set by Windows and just assumes everything is sRGB). To get VFB to display CORRECTLY, you have to load the MONITOR profile into the VFB, otherwise you're just seeing an uncallibrated sRGB image.

If you then go and apply ANOTHER profile to your image in PS (adobeRGB for example), that is a totally different story and it WON'T ever look the same in VFB

This all assumes obviously that you corrextly callibrated your monitor with a hardware device, which in turn saved a profile for you into Windows. VERY IMPORTANT! If you have 2 monitors, even if they are the same size and make, you have to profile each one! When you load the profile into the VFB, try and use the primary screen always and leave the VFB on your primary screen. PS will read the windows profile of the primary screen. If you drag the VFB over to the 2nd screen, then you're viewing the VFB with the wrong profile and you need to load the other profile (in which case PS and the VFB will look different again, but only very slightly)

You can't 100% callibrate 2 exact same screens the same. There will always be a slight variance, although not always visible to the naked eye.
            Last edited by Morne; 07-12-2015, 10:01 AM.
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Thanks so much loading my monitor icm in gives me a perfect srgb match to photoshop!
              And now i also understand why adobe1998 won't work, this is great at least i can view my render as photoshop will see it in srgb, life saver!

Originally posted by Morne View Post
              You have it backwards gagui.
              If you have your monitor callibrated, then in all likelyhood, PS is displaying correctly by default (because it reads the monitor profile that is saved into Windows, that happened at the point when you callibrated). By default VFB will display WRONG! (Because Max IGNORES any profiles set by Windows and just assumes everything is sRGB). To get VFB to display CORRECTLY, you have to load the MONITOR profile into the VFB, otherwise you're just seeing an uncallibrated sRGB image.

If you then go and apply ANOTHER profile to your image in PS (adobeRGB for example), that is a totally different story and it WON'T ever look the same in VFB

This all assumes obviously that you corrextly callibrated your monitor with a hardware device, which in turn saved a profile for you into Windows. VERY IMPORTANT! If you have 2 monitors, even if they are the same size and make, you have to profile each one! When you load the profile into the VFB, try and use the primary screen always and leave the VFB on your primary screen. PS will read the windows profile of the primary screen. If you drag the VFB over to the 2nd screen, then you're viewing the VFB with the wrong profile and you need to load the other profile (in which case PS and the VFB will look different again, but only very slightly)

You can't 100% callibrate 2 exact same screens the same. There will always be a slight variance, although not always visible to the naked eye.

Comment

Working...
              X