VraySky give different values when using Progressive and Adaptive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VraySky give different values when using Progressive and Adaptive

I have a VraySky map in my environment slot. [edit: it's a VrayCompTex (VraySky+hdr bitmap) in the environment slot.] I setup my shot with progressive, but when I switch to adaptive the sky values blow out. Color values on geometry stay the same, it's just the sky. All the settings are the same. Why does it do this and how can I get consistent values between the two sample types?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayProblem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	883167
    Last edited by atrask@hksinc.com; 11-12-2015, 09:43 AM. Reason: clarification

I'm not sure. Best to post a scene.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ahh, I'll have to check with our company's policy on that. Thanks for the quick reply though!

Comment

Ok update, it's only affecting the "blank" environment in the shot, not the reflections/gi.

It's a VraySky in the environment slot. So not a big deal, the background's getting comped out anyway.

Comment

Still, it would be interesting to take a look. I don't need the full scene, just some part of it where I can reproduce the issue.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Didn't think of that, here you go! https://www.dropbox.com/s/6am9e4vwkz...cenes.rar?dl=0

I was incorrect in my earlier reply, it's a VrayCompTex (VraySky+hdr bitmap) in the environment slot. I'm thinking that's the culprit. It would be nice for that to work correctly with adaptive, if that's the issue. The anti-aliasing gets a bit rough between the geometry/environment.

Let me know what you find, thanks!

[EDIT: tried it with just the VraySky and the problem is still there]
            Last edited by atrask@hksinc.com; 11-12-2015, 09:48 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Hi and thank you for uploading the scene file.
              The difference in the final render result (in the background) comes from the Affect background option. It is considered as always ON for the Progressive image sampler unlike the Adaptive one which works in both states. There is no bug or issue here it just made to work this way, however, you can either turn it ON to get identical results or use the default color mapping values.
              Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ah excellent, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X