Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB correction controls not working in backburner mode

Hey everybody,

I have set up some new render nodes and installed Max and VRay as usual.
    Now I rendered a sequence of images and wondered why the result looks different.

I remotely watched the new nodes render and found out that it sets all my settings in the VFB (exposure control and curves) to 0.00.

I have 10 other render nodes all with the same system (Max2015, Vray 3.20.01) and never experienced these issues before.

Does anybody have a suggestion about this?
    Thank you in advance.

Edit:
    Another permanent issue on the new nodes:
    I try to render an animation with precalculated GI, but I always get the following error message in backburner:
    [V-Ray] Error loading light map from file "R:\...\lightmapname.vrlmap"...
    The other nodes don't have any problem with the scene and if I open a remote connection on the new nodes, I can easily access the vrlmap through the windows explorer so there can't be any wrong path or access restrictions.
    Last edited by OPKJoe; 11-12-2015, 05:01 AM.

That's odd; would it be possible to send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so that we can try and replicate this here? Please mention this thread as well.

As for the light cache not loading - are you running backburner as a Windows service?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Unfortunately this happens with every scene I render, so therefore i cannot pick one to send you :-/

No, I am not running backburner as a service. I manually start it when needed. Just the same as on our old nodes.

Comment

So that machine never applies color corrections from the VFB?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Right.
          For example, if I send a job with Exposure control to 0.75 and a slighty contrast curve.
          On the render node the exposure control and curves are activated, but the value of the exposure control has been set to 0.00 and the curve has also been reseted.

Comment

Could you please double check whether all the nodes use identical V-Ray version? Also can you attach vray_log files from the problematic nodes and the server? Moreover would it be possible to install the latest V-Ray version 3.20.03 and let us know if the issue still persist?
            Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

same here guys. I'm using deadline and I've the same issue. The output is exr (vrimage with all the passes) and there's no way to bake the vfb correction.
              The only way is saving the image directly from the VFB but when you've more than one image to render this's impossible.
              I'm using v-ray 3.20.03 and max 2015 and it happens on all the scenes I'm rendering.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by StateofArt View Post
                same here guys. I'm using deadline and I've the same issue. The output is exr (vrimage with all the passes) and there's no way to bake the vfb correction.
                This is actually on purpose. That's why the option is called "raw image output" - it puts the colors exactly as they were rendered, without any color corrections.

If you want the VFB color corrections, you must use either the "split render channels" option or the regular 3ds max output.

Will try to make these differences more explicit in the tooltips and in the help files.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

thanks Vlado. Now we know the reason why

Comment

Originally posted by Zdravko.Keremidchiev View Post
                    Could you please double check whether all the nodes use identical V-Ray version? Also can you attach vray_log files from the problematic nodes and the server? Moreover would it be possible to install the latest V-Ray version 3.20.03 and let us know if the issue still persist?
                    Yes, all our systems use version 3.20.01.
                    But on the old nodes we updated from 2.5 a while ago and on the new problematic nodes it has been a brand new installation. Maybe this can be a hint...
                    I will try the 3.20.03 later today or tomorrow (since it is a lot effort to update all nodes) and give you an answer afterwards.
                    If the problem still occurs, I will send you a log file.

Comment

Great!
                      Both of my issues have been solved by updating to the lastest V-Ray version!
                      It could have been so easy 0
                      Thank you guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X