rt gpu alternative to mix map in bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rt gpu alternative to mix map in bump

im trying to mix the new round corners edges tex with a bump bitmap. mix isnt supported for bump mapping so i cant use that. vraycomptex isnt supported at all, and composite map is supposedly supported on gpu, but only renders the top layer in my tests. so i can have either the bitmap (which renders weird bump when using composite) or the rounded corners (which works as expected)

any alternative workflows that actually work with GPU?

on a related note, the global switch to turn off displacement seems broken in the latest beta.. it renders with displacement irrespective of this setting, and i have to disable the displacement modifiers individually.

also, vray triplanar doesnt work with gpu, but im not sure if it was ever supposed to.

i so desperately want to love GPU rendering, but i run into limitations at every step.

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
    im trying to mix the new round corners edges tex with a bump bitmap.
    It won't work. The plan is to add a separate bump slot inside the edges texture, and that will work fine. However the rounded edges came in a bit late to the builds and there wasn't time to do it for this release.

also, vray triplanar doesnt work with gpu, but im not sure if it was ever supposed to.
    Support for the triplanar map is half-done, but like the rounded edges, it came into the builds too late to implement proper GPU support. Should be there for the next SP.

i so desperately want to love GPU rendering, but i run into limitations at every step.
    <shrug>It's not like the GPU renderer is not moving forward... but it is a separate renderer and it not easy to keep the CPU and GPU in sync.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      <shrug>It's not like the GPU renderer is not moving forward... but it is a separate renderer and it not easy to keep the CPU and GPU in sync.

Best regards,
      Vlado

sorry it wasnt meant to sound like a complaint, you guys are doing amazing work, just i seem to run into whatever limitations are still present within 5 minutes of starting to do anything. i guess im spoiled with all the features present in the production renderer.

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
        i guess im spoiled with all the features present in the production renderer.
        Yeah, I hear you... it's a tough one to beat

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X