Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DS Max/Vray 3.2: Render Hangs after Rendering is finished

Hello,

I am using Distributed Rendering. We have a decent render farm here. I have my Dyn Memory set to 20000, so it shouldn't be that.

After I am done rendering, the rendering dialogue hangs even though it says the render is done and the bar is green. I understand this is normal under most circumstances to hang a bit but this has been up for 40 minutes this way. I don't think my cohorts have this trouble. I am rendering at 6016x4001 under Windows 7.

Eventually it does save but it seems like an awful lot of time to save an image.

Can you create a crash dump file of the 3dsmax.exe process while it is in such a state (you can do that from the Windows Task Manager when you right-click the process name) and send it to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com ? It will help me find and fix the problem, or at least hopefully give you some advice on how to avoid it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Well, I could if it crashed, right? Can I if it doesn't crash? It will hang for 45 to 1 hour and then finish even thought the file had been saved an hour ago. I guess it's not so much that the render doesn't finish with a working file but more that I have to wait an hour after rendering has finished to resume in Max.

Comment

Hi,

You can generate dumb file while the issue occurs. Just follow the instructions provided by Vlado and send us the file to support@chaosgroup.com
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

The Dump Process returns an error:

"The operation could not be completed.

Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

Comment

That's odd. Would it be possible to contact us via our support mail (support at chaosgroup.com) about this issue? We would like to connect remotely to your machine for further troubleshooting, if possible.
            Thank you.

Comment

Sure. I just did.

Comment

Originally posted by spiralof5 View Post
                Sure. I just did.
                Thank you, we have replied to the ticket you have created in our system.

Comment

Working...
                X